28672RE: Need recommendation on mast attachment on piccup

  • souderscott997
    Oct 10, 2013

      Mike,

      If you can put up some pictures in an album here. Everyone enjoys the boat pics but the rigging detail pics can be really helpful as well.

      Scott

      ---In michalak@yahoogroups.com, <rudder59@...> wrote:

       Based on the feedback from everyone I decided to go with the dumb sheave and drilled out the hole for the line. thanks for all the feedback.

      Regards,

      Mike

      ---In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, <michalak@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I actually just used an eye bolt and hung a block from it. Looking back I'm not sure the block is necessary at all. If I was going for a nicer finished look or something I would probably go with the dumb sheave installed into the top of the mast. It would just be a purely visual benefit but nothing from a functional standpoint that I can imagine.

      ---In michalak@yahoogroups.com, <JMichalsbr@...> wrote:

      I second the idea of keeping to a hole through the mast (dumb sheave).  The only addition I would make is that--in my limited use of them--cheek blocks need a line feeding through at a narrow angle, or else the line will bind and wear.  The entry a halyard for a lug sail makes will be anything but narrow!

      Jeff Michals-Brown, Piccup Pram Bebe
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic