28665RE: Need recommendation on mast attachment on piccup

  • souderscott997
    Oct 9 8:00 PM

      I actually just used an eye bolt and hung a block from it. Looking back I'm not sure the block is necessary at all. If I was going for a nicer finished look or something I would probably go with the dumb sheave installed into the top of the mast. It would just be a purely visual benefit but nothing from a functional standpoint that I can imagine.

      ---In michalak@yahoogroups.com, <JMichalsbr@...> wrote:

      I second the idea of keeping to a hole through the mast (dumb sheave).  The only addition I would make is that--in my limited use of them--cheek blocks need a line feeding through at a narrow angle, or else the line will bind and wear.  The entry a halyard for a lug sail makes will be anything but narrow!

      Jeff Michals-Brown, Piccup Pram Bebe
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic