28615Re: Piccup update

  • Mike
    Sep 11, 2013
      Andre,
      I posted some more pictures under Mike's piccup album.

      I had researched the pivot bolt location early on and I think because it is so close to the seam and because the lower guard is somewhat narrow compared to the other boat designs I think putting it thru the panel gives it the strongest amount of resistance and I liked the other idea that was mentioned about backing it up with smaller pieces of plywood on the inside to spread the load.

      Glassing leeboard, varnishing tiller /rudder assembly and working on mast yard and boom. Hope to have it altogether by weekend.

      Regards,
      Mike

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Andre <basso.asb@...> wrote:

      > Yesterday I made some tests on field. It turned out that it is possible to remove the leeboard just raising it totally and twisting it a little. I concluded it will depend a lot of the vertical position you bolt the upper guard to hull and the final format you give to it. Mine was just right (by chance).
      >
      > I’ll keep with the pivot bolt epoxied through hull as JM designed for Piccup.
      >
      > But all answers to the question were very helpful to improve thinking and future options.
      >
      > Thank you all,
      >
      > Andre
      > http://umveleirosimples.blogspot.com.br
      >

      > Andre <basso.asb@...> escreveu:
      >
      > >Interesting option. As I have alredy epoxied bolt to hull first option would be leave it there and see what happens. This one seems a great way to fixing an eventual leak.
      > >
      > >Andre

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic