26639Re: [Michalak] Re: FROM LADYBUG TO FAMILY SKIFF?

  • Anders Bjorklund
    Jan 8, 2013
      Here is something for you Roger:

      http://www.clcboats.com/shoptips/fitting_out/glass_bottomed.html

      Apparently "adhesive caulk", without fastenings, is enough to hold the
      Plexiglass in place. Something really tenacious (and nearly irreversible)
      like 3M 5200 Adhesive Sealant would almost certainly do it. Water pressure
      would work in it's favor, if the inside flange is reliable. I also notice
      they suggest adding rub strips on the outside to protect against abrasion.
      Something inside might be a good idea too, as most polycarbonates are
      easily scratched.

      Anders