24927Re: [Michalak] Re: Advice on bottom thickness of piccup pram

  • Scot Mc Pherson
    Jun 3, 2012
      yes, but depending on how far he's gotten or how easy it would be to
      laminate another layer on, heavy glassing it MAY be a lot more
      expensive and the core may still not be thick enough to provide the
      strength gotten from glassing. You need some separation between the
      layers of glass (i.e. the plywood core), for the glass to be
      structurally strong.

      No to mention glass is heavy and not bouyant...so you want to think
      about this one...consider how far you have gone with the boat, and
      whether it might be easier to laminate another layer of 4mm ply on it.
      I think it certainly would be cheaper...again depending on how far.

      Scot

      Old Lyme, CT, USA
      Le Claire, IA, USA
      Scot McPherson | Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotmcpherson>