23561Re: Black streaks in wood...

  • Robert
    Nov 2, 2011
      Guys, thanks for putting my mind at rest. Those photos look a lot like the streaking I have. There was also evidence at one end of the board of some worm bore holes in the board. All to one side and one end though. Pretty amazing piece of lumber for under $12 at Lowe's. I might choose to use ash if doing this again due to the amount of work involved, but I'm really satisfied with the way the syp worked out on a tight budget. I am totally amazed at the stiffness my canoe has now versus its condition with the old aluminum gunwales. Good learning experience for future builds...