23438Re: Primer over epoxy fiberglass

    Oct 2, 2011
      I think a lighter color paint stands up longer than a dark color. It is quite amazing how hot a dark surface can get under a direct summer sun. It may also adversely affect the epoxy and wood encapsulation under the paint. The grain swells and the epoxy might possibly soften as the surface temperature goes up.

      Nels

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Hajo Smulders <hajosmulders@...> wrote:

      > It's glossier than an oil based house paint. Doing a roll and dip you have
      > to get VERY close to see that it has been brushed on. (It self levels well).
      >
      > I bought some for my breach cat to try out before I paint my Cape Dory
      > Typhoon this winter.
      > I'm very happy with it. Now I don't know how long it will last, UV
      > resistance etc... I ASSUME however that it will be superior to a porch and
      > floor enamel (which costs the same)
      >
      > Hajo
      > --
      > "Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat." (L. Tomlin)

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic