22899Re: [Michalak] Re: Family Skiff in the Texas 200 Photos

  • John Kohnen
    Jul 1, 2011
      I've got one of these things, and it really makes moving boats around a
      lot easier. A typical trailer and Family Skiff should be a snap to move
      with one:

      I put a castering pneumatic wheel on the trailer jack of my 15' sailing
      skiff, and it also makes moving the boat around easy, but at the lowest
      position of the jack the tongue is still a little high for some hitches...

      On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:26:08 -0700, Stan wrote:

      > In general, boats decrease the "impulse usage" as they increase in size
      > and you will generally use a small boat more.
      > With the trailer set up right one person can handle the FS just fine but
      > it is noticeably more work than a small pram. One example, I have to
      > use the car to move my FS and trailer into the backyard for storage but
      > I easily move my Piccup and trailer around by hand.

      John (jkohnen@...)
      His heart was bound in oak and triple brass who first committed
      a fragile bark to the raging sea... (Horace)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic