22399Re: Performance-- Larsboat and Toto

  • thatmoffitt
    May 4, 2011
      HI
      I built a Larsboat and I would say it paddles better then a production canoe. The key is to build it as lite as possible and as straight as possible. I saw a guy at the texas 200, at the end at the magnolia beach messabout, try to sail the larsboat without the outriggers and it was a total failure. I think with a bat sail and small lee board it would have been better. but really only down wind would work and it would have to be a small sail to try to get anywhere close to the wind. He was using the trilar rig without the outriggers which he had yet to finish.
      yours
      Paul Moffitt

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <wd0d@...> wrote:

      > I know that a number of you our there have built either the Larsboat or the Toto, I am trying to find out how well they paddle compared to a production canoe.
      >
      > Also, if anyone has put a sailing rig on their Larsboat without adding outriggers, I would be interested in how it sails.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Bob

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic