21395Re: [Michalak] Re: Announcement Loire trip

  • Hajo Smulders
    Sep 2, 2010
      Are you a member of the yahoo loire trip group yet? I do want to give
      publicity to this trip on the other message boards I'm on; but I don't want
      to take them over talking about boats from another designer etc...

      I think it will become a reality; and a pretty fun one at that. Funny thing
      is that if you add everything that goes into an everglades challenge; the
      price is not much less than this trip.
      It is very likely that I will attend.
      It's a pity that I can't do it with one of my sons. (They'll both be in
      school at those dates). Also living in the US it will seriously eat up any
      vacation budget I might have. Regardless of that; It's too good not to go.
      (I also happen to be fluent in French; which should lead to hilarious
      situations with any other travelers that don't!)

      One note: right in that area (Chenonceau) is where my kid sister and her
      friends discovered a decomposed body in the Loire... That's about 30 years
      ago though; so the waters should be clean by now...

      Currently looking into a small sail rig for the quick canoe. I know Paul
      Helbert, member of the canoe sailing group, put a balanced lug on his Storer
      quick canoe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCi1ZadQP8)
      If one made the leeboard and bracket and sail at home, One could rip a set
      of (square) spars in an hour! It would make a great addition to those quick
      canoes! (I don't mind rowing; but I DO really mind rowing when there's
      wind!)

      Hajo
      --
      "There are too many people, and too few human beings." (Robert Zend)