20837Re: Bulkhead framing

  • kapelli66
    May 2, 2010
      The framing ends short of the bottom to allow for the fairing and taping of the bottom/side joint clear to the bulkhead. Since most of Jim's designs have rocker the bottom panels should line up with the bulkheads well enough to be able to fair and tape the joints. I had no trouble with the Family Skiff.

      Paul Ellifrit

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "wd0d" <wd0d@...> wrote:

      > I am new to Michalak boat designs. I've purchased the Toon2 plans and will begin building this summer. I have a question for the group.
      >
      > What is the reason for the perimeter framing around the bulkhead to not extend across the bottom, but rather end just short of the chine connection? I have not seen this in any other stitch and glue designs, but then again, I haven't seen all the designs.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic