      From: wd0d <wd0d@...>
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, May 1, 2010 9:13 pm
      Subject: [Michalak] Bulkhead framing

      I am new to Michalak boat designs. I've purchased the Toon2 plans and will begin building this summer. I have a question for the group.

      What is the reason for the perimeter framing around the bulkhead to not extend across the bottom, but rather end just short of the chine connection? I have not seen this in any other stitch and glue designs, but then again, I haven't seen all the designs.