1The First Post

  • vexatious2001
    Jan 8, 2002
      Welcome to the one-and-only Yahoo Group concerning
      the boat designs of Jim Michalak.

      The topics are anything concerning Michalak's designs,
      their use and construction, as well as other designer's
      work (even that Phil-guys stuff.)

      If you have your own designs, feel free to post them
      and run the risk of being laughed at, or worse, praised.

      I am a little over half-way done with my second Michalak
      boat, an AF3 16ft sailing leeboard sharpie. My first
      Michalak craft was the 18 ft AF4 power skiff. Finished
      it in 5 months and used it all summer (2001)including
      several "overnighters," including some with Jim, the
      man himself, who lives about 30 miles from me.

      A genuinely nice guy, he is far from being a rich man,
      and he truly appreciates that not everyone has the money
      to spend of the fiberglass monstrocities on display down
      at your local boat dealer. He sells his plans for what
      most designers charge for "study" plans (meaning dirt-cheap.)
      All of his boats can be built with "lumber-yard materials."
      And his blueprints are real blueprints, not photocopies.

      There aint a whole lot of rules here. If you guys want
      to cuss each other out, it makes no never-mind to me.
      Considering everything else going on in the world, I am not
      going to waste my time worrying about a couple guys going
      "at-it" on a chat board. Life's too short.

      As far as I can tell, I have placed all the "settings" for
      the group at the most accessable settings.

      Don't expect much "moderating" from me.

      I aint figured out how to do it, yet.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic