19901Re: Easy build catamaran thoughts invited.

  • graeme19121984
    Oct 10, 2009
      I believe he got hold of fairly hefty planks, then cut, thicknessed, coved and tenoned the strips himself. A lot of extra work that way than just buying in the production strips, I suppose? I think it took about three years to get to launch, and some of that fulltime. Not much cost to launch as comparitively minimalist fitout - the sail rig cost almost peanuts! Seems to have proven a good sea boat.

      I imagine the accomodations, even the cokpit, to feel a little like being in Robbsboat after a time. Crouching. Kneeling. Lotusing (?). -- But well protected and comfy.

      Graeme

      ~~~ ___/)
      ~~~
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <boatman1959@...> wrote:

      > I would think enough Western red cedar to plank a 38 ft boat alone
      > would cost $15,000.00 US
      >

      > I like the Wharram designs but feel the price of plans for even the
      > smaller Tiki's is too high; otherwide I would have a plans-set for
      > the 21.
      >

      > P. Beckford
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic