19899Re: Easy build catamaran thoughts invited.

  • Peter
    Oct 9, 2009
      I would think enough Western red cedar to plank a 38 ft boat alone
      would cost $15,000.00 US

      I like the Wharram designs but feel the price of plans for even the
      smaller Tiki's is too high; otherwide I would have a plans-set for
      the 21.

      P. Beckford

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

      > Glen Tieman sailed the Pacific for years on a much cheaper ply Pahi 26 he built in the early 90's. He's back out there again on a 38' "Child of the Sea" design he reportedly built and launched in California for only $15k. WRC strip planked.
      >
      > Graeme
      >
      > ____/)__ ~ ~ ~
      >
      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <boatman1959@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The discussion has involved trimarans but the subject line says catamarans.
      > >
      > > If your interest is in cats, here is an (apparently) home-built
      > > cat for sale; I have seen her from the water on St. Andrews Bay
      > > but have never been aboard.
      > >
      > > http://www.sailingtexas.com/swharrampahi42100.html
      > >

      > > For a cat of more diminutive proportions, what about
      > > (2) of these hulls arranged as a cat?
      > >
      > > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/garyd/wa_apa.html
      > >

      > > P. Beckford

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic