19873Re: [Michalak] Re: Easy build catamaran thoughts invited.

  • Douglas Pollard
    Oct 4, 2009
      graeme19121984 wrote:

      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Michalak%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "gary" <gbship@...> wrote:
      > > I am, with Jim M's advice, building a 4-foot longer version of
      > > Trilars. That can cruise two for a long time, and carry three on
      > > short trips.
      >
      > Ah, so that's a 5.5Ft plug in Toto now? Is it really that easy?
      >
      > ~ Graeme ~ ___/) ~ ~

      Graeme,
      I don't know if this will make any difference to your thinking or
      not. It's my understanding that catamarans do not plane and that they
      go fast because of the narrowness of hulls providing a very high hull
      speed. I don't know about Trimarans with the center hull wider they my
      plane on the center hull and just have high hull speeds on the outer
      hulls. I have no idea if this applies to what you are doing but thought
      to throw it out for consideration.

      Doug
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic