19870Re: Easy build catamaran thoughts invited.

  • gary
    Oct 4 7:04 AM
      I think it's a 6.5 foot plug but as far as I can tell, that's the only change. I don't have a separate set up plans, but have been building from the Trilars plans with 4-foot sections added in the appropriate areas. the hardest to do (I haven't gotten to it yet) will be the side decks because those extentions are tapered whereas those on the hull are straight.

      Another thought on cheap tris is Bolger once did a design where the builder did the main hull and then used an old Hobie 16 for the amas, cross beams & rig. Had one of his sugar scoop bows. I think hull was around 4 feet wide and around 20 feet long (may have been longer) and could sleep four under its low decks in a pinch. Had a center cockpit. Interesting design, althought the bow gave some concerns for punching through the square waves we get in shallow waters around here.

      Gary

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "gary" <gbship@> wrote:
      > > I am, with Jim M's advice, building a 4-foot longer version of
      > > Trilars. That can cruise two for a long time, and carry three on
      > > short trips.
      >
      > Ah, so that's a 5.5Ft plug in Toto now? Is it really that easy?
      >
      > ~ Graeme ~ ___/) ~ ~

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic