19746Re: Observations re: Underlayment plywood from China

  • recree8
    Sep 8, 2009

      Now that you mention it - the order I piggy backed onto a larger order -
      had a 10 sheet minimum to get free shipping.

      The design I was ordering for called for 10 sheets so it fit right in
      for me and I forgot this was a pre-condition of the order!

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "adventures_in_astrophotography"
      <jon@...> wrote:
      > Hi Chris,

      > It's possible that the shipping price wouldn't change for a larger
      order, up to a point. There's usually a certain amount charged for
      crating and a minimum that the shipper requires to transport even a
      couple of sheets. That's where pooling an order with someone else can be
      useful. I doubt it would be $50/sheet for shipping if you order 10 or
      20 sheets, for instance.