19723Re: MDO

  • recree8
    Sep 4, 2009
      Hi Joe,

      Guess you snuck these photos in when I was away on holidays:-)

      Congratulations on a great job. The finish looks really great So only
      the bottom is MDO and the rest is 1/4" Baltic birch? This sounds like
      the very same stuff my retailer was telling me would be better than the
      "other stuff". (Has not grid lines or writing on it.)

      I would be interested in knowing how many coats of epoxy and paint you
      used and how you applied it? I really like the looks as it has a nice
      sheen without being too glossy, which tends to magnify imperfections if
      overly shiny.

      I would also like to post a photo of your build on the home page,
      preferably the one with the lovely lady and young fellow in it, who I am
      assuming are your family members? Do you think they would mind? That is
      a great photo. Also curious as to what the heck are those two machines
      going by in the background? Are they for removing weeds or something?
      And what is that oter hull visible in the background in the garage?

      I would also like to know where the photo was taken if you don't mind.

      It will really be of interest how the fiinish holds up in a year or two
      of sun exposure.

      Thanks for sharing,

      Nels (co-moderator)

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Joe Stromski <j.stromski@...> wrote:

      > Sure, they're in a folder in the group photos called "Joe's AF4"
      >
      > stephen pepper wrote:
      > >

      > > Anywhere I can see pictures of your recently completed Af4, that is
      > > the design I'm really interested in.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic