19117Re: [Michalak] Re: Balanced Lug Sail Question

  • David Cassidy
    Apr 8, 2009
      On my balanced lug halyard, I use the beads, too, but I have a snap on
      the end of the line and a knot a few inches away from the last bead.
      Snapping the shackle beyond the knot keeps a the loop around the mast
      with the beads at a constant length, so there is never any binding.

      This is straight out of Michalak's writings:

      http://www.jimsboats.com/15mar09.htm