19107Re: Balanced Lug Sail Question

  • brent_wm
    Apr 6, 2009
      Rob, I just assumed that parrals on both yards was the normal way since all of my balanced lug sailing has been done in your old boat. Forgot to mention that downhaul. Need to have it tied off (but with lots of slack until the sail is set) when you hoist in high winds or the boom can follow the yard right up.

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, Rob Rohde-Szudy <robrohdeszudy@...> wrote:

      > You know, I used that approach, but it can be touchy. Make sure your parrels aren't too tight or you'll end up with the boom and yard making and X rather than laying parallel.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic