18225Re: Robbsboat observations and issues?

  • Alan
    Sep 3, 2008
      Hi,
      The overall beam at the mast bulkhead is 40".
      But subtract approx 3" each side for frame width leaves 34".
      Then the mast comes down the middle, approx 3" square-section.
      Leaves 15 to 16" opening each side of mast-plenty for access thru
      for storage, but not to get a body thru. Opening is around 20" high,
      so on your side you would be able to reach into this compartment ok,
      to put and get stuff.
      Cheers,
      Alan.
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984"
      <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Alan. When I first encountered the wiley windows I didn't
      > quite get how they were put together, so some of my belaboured
      > visualising of them must have stuck.
      >
      > The mast is in the way a bit, I heard that, but didn't think about
      > acccessing bulky gear.
      >
      > I guess that forward of the mast, the hatch would have to be quite
      > narrow in any case. Pet monkey? - how about one of them extendable
      > grabber thingos. Now, is that mast foot really a problem? - it
      would
      > be a shame if that space up front was inaccessable to store the
      > bedding or such like.
      >
      > Graeme
      >

      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <logicaid@> wrote:
      > > clear picture of how
      > > these work.
      > > BTW, don't think a forward-deck hatch would be useable for
      anything
      > > other than ventilation on Robbsboat, since the crew would not be
      > able
      > > to use it for access, due to the restricted opening thru the
      > bulkhead
      > > at the mast position. Perhaps if you go sailing with your pet
      > > monkey...

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic