18223Re: Robbsboat observations and issues?

  • graeme19121984
    Sep 3, 2008
      Thanks Alan. When I first encountered the wiley windows I didn't
      quite get how they were put together, so some of my belaboured
      visualising of them must have stuck.

      The mast is in the way a bit, I heard that, but didn't think about
      acccessing bulky gear.

      I guess that forward of the mast, the hatch would have to be quite
      narrow in any case. Pet monkey? - how about one of them extendable
      grabber thingos. Now, is that mast foot really a problem? - it would
      be a shame if that space up front was inaccessable to store the
      bedding or such like.

      Graeme

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <logicaid@...> wrote:
      > clear picture of how
      > these work.
      > BTW, don't think a forward-deck hatch would be useable for anything
      > other than ventilation on Robbsboat, since the crew would not be
      able
      > to use it for access, due to the restricted opening thru the
      bulkhead
      > at the mast position. Perhaps if you go sailing with your pet
      > monkey...
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic