17302Re: Toto question

  • Chris Feller
    Apr 11, 2008
      If you laid out the sides as mirror images of each other then you
      could put the boat together either way. I always visualize putting
      them together after drawing them. That way I don't end up with two
      right sides or two left ones.

      Chris Feller
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Paquette"
      <robertpaquette@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Chris,
      >
      > My question remains. As laid out on the plan sheet, if I've scribed
      > the lines on the rough side. Will the rough side end up being inside
      > or outside.
      >
      > Robert
      >
      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Feller" <chrisbfeller@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I usually put the rough side on the outside when I build plywood
      > > boats. It is easier to fill the holes and smooth it that way. Also
      > > there is usually more material on the rough side since it is not as
      > > well sanded. However I would say that it does not really matter.
      > > Either way works well.
      > >
      > > Chris Feller
      > >
      > > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Paquette"
      > > <robertpaquette@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi, everyone,
      > > > I've joined the two sheets of plywood, end to end. With the rough
      > > > side of the joined sheets facing up, I've laid out the lines as per
      > > > the plans. Now my question is, will the rough side be inside or
      > > > outside the boat? I plan on starting my cuts tomorrow morning, so
      > > > I've decided to ask the board before starting. My take on the plans
      > > > is the bottom bilge shape is the starboard side, and the bottom side
      > > > panel is the port side. Is that correct? Does it matter? Of
      > > > course, I would like the rough side of the plywood to be inside.
      Any
      > > > Toto builders, or someone with the Toto plans out there, that can
      > > help me?
      > > > Robert

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic