      Posted by: "Bill Nolen" BGN5731@... billnolen66
      Date: Mon Sep 3, 2007 6:36 pm ((PDT))

      Rob, I ended up taking the easy way out and used the bolt holes that
      the factory drilled to hold the plywood-aluminum-plywood transom
      sandwich. On my boat the aluminum transom is sandwiched between two
      pieces of 3/4" plywood. Here is a photo showing the transom before I
      went crazy and started adding a fishfinder transducer and the ladder.

      http://oomur.pair.com/wwpotter/images/Richline%20transom%20before%
      20changes1.JPG

      And a photo showing my ladder mounted. If you look closely you can
      see the four SS bolts that are holding the 3/4" ladder mounting board
      to the transom plywood. I have a 3/4" spacer under the mounting
      board. I'm going tp have to tweak the rope a bit to get the steps
      where I want them.

      http://oomur.pair.com/wwpotter/images/Richline%20ladder%
      20open.2JPG.jpg

      Here is a close of the four house door hinges that I used for the
      step hinges. It will be interesting to see how long they last before
      rust sets in!

      http://oomur.pair.com/wwpotter/images/Richline%20ladder%20hinges.jpg

      And two photos showing the ladder folded for travel.

      http://oomur.pair.com/wwpotter/images/Richline%20ladder%20transom.jpg

      http://oomur.pair.com/wwpotter/images/Richline%20ladder%20closed%
      20right%20side.JPG

      If you or anyone else comes up with a design using one or two metal
      rods for the step hinges, i would sure like to view the design. I do
      want to build a boarding ladder for my Harmonica.

      Thanks Rob for all your help,

      Bill