13618Re: Marine of standard plywood

  • chrisbfeller
    Oct 3, 2006
      I prefer using AC or BC plywood then cover with epoxy and fiberglass.
      Since either has to be mail ordered it is a lot cheaper to ship
      fiberglass and epoxy. The other way to go is use local plywood and no
      epoxy. Thats what I did on my Bolger Pointy Skiff 12 years old now
      stored outside and going strong. Though It does need some paint and
      the outside is checking.

      Chris

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "lxvnrsw" <alexandervanorsow@...> wrote:

      > now here's a senario:
      >
      > Like most people you live in a world where things cost money so just
      > using only the best materials is out of the question. You have decided
      > to use one of two methods; either buy lesser grade but still exterior
      > plywood and then spend your money on epoxy coating all you wood very
      > throughly, OR, you buy expensive marine plywood but use epoxy
      > sparingly, coating your wood with exterior paint.
      >
      > What method would you choose?
      >
      > Or is there another, better, method?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic