13315Re: Engine Question

  • vexatious2001
    Aug 3, 2006
      This 6Hp motor does not look quite like the older
      > motors that you and I have worked on.

      Even though I didn't move the engine, the pieces
      > got out of alignment when I tried to align the shaft with the
      power head. I
      > tried to straighten the pieces with a three foot 1/4" dowel rod
      with little
      > success.

      The only other item which comes to mind is that the
      shift shaft might not be fully seating in the coupler.

      If you feel certain that the interference is at the
      top of the driveshaft, you may have to remove the
      power head to sort things out; a bigger job on this
      relatively "new" engine than on the earlier models but
      not a real big problem.

      Max
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic