12739Re: Piccup Question...

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    May 1, 2006
      On piccup bilge panels...

      I think it would be easier to scribe to fit. I cut to the plans leaving excess, and still wound up with gaps to fiberglass. Being a little bit off in twist can really mess up the shape of these.

      I set it up with sides, bulkheads, transoms and bottom. Then sight it in carefully and repeatedly. Then "clamp" some plywood on with sheetrock screws and trace the shape from inside the hull. That's the tightest joint you'll get without planing.

      --Rob