12286Re: Plywood just failed!

  • gravelyrider
    Mar 1, 2006
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "n4613w6019" <bmckeough@...> wrote:
      > Woe is me.For a dump trip stepped a'bd my trailor and my leg went
      > through to the ground.My green card runs out in march(good for 10
      > yrs.) and put 1/2 inch ply on the trailor when I got it;That was 11
      > yrs ago!Stored outdoors,one application; and never touched since ,of
      > house stain.Don't use that cheap exterior plywood!Ah ha ha!Bill
      > Longwind.

      I built my basement of totally pressure treated 1/2 ply and 2x6 in
      July 1986 and it is still just as bone dry and solid as 20 years ago.
      They like to refer to it as All Weather Wood Foundation. Thats 20
      years below grade. I left one panel (under the stairs) un-insulated
      and un-sheet rocked so I could keep an eve on it. From the inside it
      looks like brand new. I've kept and eve on a few spots on the outside
      and it's fine. There are at least 2 grades of green wood, if you use
      the .60 CCA (as memory recalls), it's guaranteed for 40 yrs.

      Upstate NY is known for wet rainy, snowy, so this ain't no arid
      deseert application.

      Use the pressure treated.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic