12094Re: River rowing and currents

  • bar_none_corkscrew
    Feb 1, 2006
      Wojtek,
      Nice looking shallow water motor rig. I am interested in your
      comparison in performance on your boats between the sideboard motor
      and the 2.5 hp Yamaha. A similar but transom mounted motor is used
      in our Florida swamps. What does a sideboard motor cost in Euros?
      Thanks,
      Vince in Fort Myers,FL with the Shanteuse+8'
      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "wwbaginski" <wwbaginski@t...>
      wrote:

      > --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "wwbaginski" <wwbaginski@t...>
      wrote:
      > > Two weeks ago I 've bought small (2,5 HP) sideboard motor, to
      keep
      > > it on campjon's transom as auxilliary, or to power polepunt in
      case
      > > of long cruise up the river.
      >

      > Well I see a little disorder with that "sideboard motor kept on
      > campjon's transom" :)
      >
      > Here is what I've bought actually:
      >
      > http://www.faltbootbasteln.de/fbb-tuemmler.html
      >
      > During her first cruise, our campjon with 2.5 hp yamaha outboard
      was
      > magaing very well with 3 adult persons onboard. This tuemmler
      motor is
      > expected to be mounted on campjon's transom as auxiliary (for
      shallow
      > areas), or mounted on polepunt's side .
      >
      > -Wojtek

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic