      From: Michalak@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Michalak@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of mrusson
      Sent: 01 November 2005 15:12
      To: Michalak@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Michalak] Re: Can of worms question....(long)

      Pertti,
      Thanks for the link to that web site. The one problem i have with
      boiling tests, is that a boat will never see boiling water. A soak test
      is somewhat valid, but even using epoxy, a plywood boat will delaminate
      very easily after long soaking. I would hope that a sandwich core
      plywood boat covered in epoxy and fiberglass would never see that kind
      of soaking problem. If it does, the old rule of thumb comes into play.
      That rule is "from compost it came and to compost it shall return". :o)

      M Russon

      --- In Michalak@yahoogroups.com, "Pertti Kinnunen"
      <pertti.kinnunen@s...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > A finnish guy Hannu Vartiala has made a small clue test, results on
      > his homepage at http://www.gsahv.pp.fi/glue/glue.htm . (Not all of
      > these glues area available on the international market, but the test
      > is easy to repeat in your own kitchen, if you are interested).

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic