Sand Bake 9-06-09

  • SpikeandDan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 101 KB
    Greeting's...

    This invite comes from Dan of Spike and Dan here in Miami. I am the chairman for the South Florida chapter of the American Institute of Wine and Food. We host events all year, some large and others small, to raise money supporting our two national level causes. Here in Florida every year we offer scholarships for continuing education programs in the culinary arts. We support five schools from Palm Beach, Broward and Miami Dade counties. We also run an elementary school nutrition program called Days of Taste. More information on both can be found at www.aiwf.org/southflorida.

    Sand Bake is one of our larger events and is coming up next Sunday, September 6, 2009. Right on the beach at the Fairmont Turnberry Ocean Club we are offering a fabulous party featuring 13 top south Florida chefs along with a selection of over 45 wines, beers and island style cocktails. We even have a great band so you can dance in the sand! I have attached the invite with all the information needed to attend. All ticket sales can be purchased at the member price of 80.00 per person while supplies last! Thanks and I hope to see you there.

    All the Best and Cheers,
    Daniel L. Richeal
    AIWF co-chair 2009/2010
    Bali Ha'i co-chair 2009/10
    305-899-5847
    856-649-9446 cell
    spikeanddan@...

     AIWF LOGO

    Have no plans for Labor Day weekend – look no further because ….

    The Bake is Back

    The American Institute of Wine & Food-South Florida Chapter Presents the Sandbake Labor Day Weekend Party at The Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort Private Ocean Club, 18501 Collins Avenue in Sunny Isles

                                        Sunday, September 6, 2009, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.

    AIWF invites you to participate in the return of our popular Sandbake Party: a glorious afternoon of food, drink and music set right on the beach.  For years the much-anticipated Sandbake marked the end of summer with scrumptious fare, flavorful wines and island music. This year top chefs from around South Florida will converge for a Florida tapas-style event paired with summer wines and Caribbean cocktails.

    Some of our participating chefs are:

    Chef Allen’s, Timo, Johnny V on Las Olas,  Escopazzo, The Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort & Club, Bourbon Steak, Bar Rosso, Lola’s on Harrison, La Barraca Tapas Bar, That Cool Café, Aspire Catering, Sisters in Pink Catering and Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts

    Admission is $80 for AIWF members and $100 for non-members, which includes tax, gratuity and valet parking. Proceeds from this event go to AIWF’s scholarship & Days of Taste programs.

    Special room rates are available at the Mobil Four Star resort over Labor Day  Week-end starting at $139 per night, which includes free golf, excluding cart fees.  Guests must reference the AIWF Sandbake when making their reservation. For reservations, call (305) 936-2929.

    To reserve in Dade call: 305-663-9641; in Broward: call 954-396-3875 or e-mail: assnmgmt@... or fax your reservation to 954-962-6772 – Sign up before September 3rd and get the member’s price.

    # ___ of members@ $80= $______       # ___ of guests @ $100=$_______

    www.aiwf.org/southflorida

    G:\pfdocuments\wholefoodsimage.jpg