The Juice for Miami - 18

  • TheJuice@localwineevents.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      The Juice for Miami, sponsored by Free Overnight Shipping Nationwide!!! No Minimum Order is Required!!!

      Hello Miami,

      In this week's issue of The Juice:

      * E Block
      * Wine Quiz Question
      * Calendar of Miami food/wine events
      * Ongoing Miami food/wine events
      * Article:
      * Article:
      * Tidbits: Wine Humor/Wine FAQs
      * Wine Quiz Answer
      * Unsubscribe Information

      Yeah! A milestone. We've hit 80,000 subscribers to The Juice. ... Had a stellar visit to Google last week. It is a most amazing complex. Super secret though. I can't say much about it. Just watch. ... EVO

      Wine Quiz Question

      What gives the famous French dessert wine, Sauternes its special flavor?

      A. Gray, furry mold
      B. Acacia-wood barrels
      C. Clover honey

      Featured Events

      Event: Antinori Tuscun Tour Wine Dinner @ Frankie s Pier 5

      City: Hallandale Beach
      Date: May 02, 2007 (Wed)
      Cost: $126.00 per person (gratuity & tax included)

      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-123074.html

      Event: Food and Wine Gala

      City: Aventura
      Date: May 08, 2007 (Tue)
      Cost: $25.00 a ticket

      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126484.html

      Event: Wines of South Africa at Vine Wine Shop!

      City: Miami
      Date: May 11, 2007 (Fri)
      Cost: $20

      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126092.html

      Event: Aromatic Whites @ Vine Wine Shop!

      City: Miami
      Date: May 18, 2007 (Fri)
      Cost: $20

      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126095.html

      Events

      NOTE: Some info may be cut short due to size constraints.
      For full calendar visit: http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/

      *** Event: Antinori Tuscun Tour Wine Dinner @ Frankie s Pier 5 ***

      Date: May 02, 2007 (Wed) @ Reception 7:00, Dinner 7:30
      Place: Frankie's Pier 5 Ristorante Italiano
      City: Hallandale Beach
      Cost: $126.00 per person (gratuity & tax included)
      Type: Combo

      BUY TICKETS: http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/-Wine/event-123074.html

      Wednesday May 2 Take 5 of the most sought out wines in the world, Add 5 courses of some great Southern Italian dishes, & mix in a dozen or so food...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-123074.html

      Event: Kendall Wine Tasting and Cigar Smoker

      Date: May 02, 2007 (Wed) @ 6:00 - 8:00 pm
      Place: ABC Fine Wine and Spirits
      City: Miami
      Cost: $10
      Type: Wine

      Discover Wine Country! More than 70 wines to choose from, from wine regions around the world. Taste new wines, talk to our wine experts and maybe fi...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-125713.html

      NEW!! Event: International Boutique Cabernet Sauvignon and Fine Wine Tast...

      Date: May 02, 2007 (Wed) @ 8:00 PM Sharp!
      Place: The Best Cellar
      City: Fort Lauderdale
      Cost: $10 (Free with purchase of your fine wines) a $150 pp value
      Type: Wine

      This week we will be tasting world class Cabernet Sauvignons, some of the best values available and you get to taste in excess of $150 per pe...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-127275.html

      NEW!! Event: International Boutique Cabernet Sauvignon and Fine Wine Tast...

      Date: May 03, 2007 (Thu) @ 8:00 PM Sharp!
      Place: The Best Cellar
      City: Fort Lauderdale
      Cost: $10 (Free with purchase of your fine wines) a $150 pp value
      Type: Wine

      This week we will be tasting world class Cabernet Sauvignons, some of the best values available and you get to taste in excess of $150 per pe...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-127276.html

      NEW!! Event: Wine Tasting: Don Melchor & The Stars of Concha y Toro

      Date: May 03, 2007 (Thu) @ 6:30-8:00pm
      Place: Premier Wine Club
      City: Miami
      Cost: $20pp ($10 credited to wine purchase)
      Type: Wine

      Have we got a great tasting for you this week! Anchored by the superstar of Chilean wines, "Don Melchor" (#4 on last year's list of top 100 wines) and...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-127447.html

      Event: Educate Tomorrow Winetasting and Silent Auction

      Date: May 04, 2007 (Fri) @ 6:00pm-8:30pm
      Place: Gibraltar Private
      City: Miami
      Cost: $75 in advance, $100 at the door
      Type: Wine

      Please join us for a wine tasting and silent auction to benefit Educate Tomorrow. Educate Tomorrow, Corp. is an international organization that reache...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-125216.html

      NEW!! Event: International Boutique Cabernet Sauvignon and Fine Wine Tast...

      Date: May 04, 2007 (Fri) @ 8:00 PM Sharp!
      Place: The Best Cellar
      City: Fort Lauderdale
      Cost: $10 (Free with purchase of your fine wines) a $150 pp value
      Type: Wine

      This week we will be tasting world class Cabernet Sauvignons, some of the best values available and you get to taste in excess of $150 per pe...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-127277.html

      NEW!! Event: International Boutique Cabernet Sauvignon and Fine Wine Tast...

      Date: May 05, 2007 (Sat) @ 8:00 PM Sharp!
      Place: The Best Cellar
      City: Fort Lauderdale
      Cost: $10 (Free with purchase of your fine wines) a $150 pp value
      Type: Wine

      This week we will be tasting world class Cabernet Sauvignons, some of the best values available and you get to taste in excess of $150 per pe...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-127278.html

      Event: LaBORatory Night at Chinatopia

      Date: May 07, 2007 (Mon) @ 8:00pm
      Place: Chinatopia
      City: Hollywood
      Cost: $28 per person, PLUS tax and gratuity
      Type: Combo

      "In the U.S. today, there are more Chinese restaurants than Burger King, Wendy's and McDonald's combined." ...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-125479.html

      *** Event: Food and Wine Gala ***

      Date: May 08, 2007 (Tue) @ 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
      Place: The Fresh market
      City: Aventura
      Cost: $25.00 a ticket
      Type: Combo

      BUY TICKETS: http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/-Wine/event-126484.html

      The Aventura Marketing Council and The Fresh Market invite you to a Fine Wine Gala Benefiting the Children's Miracle Network. Along with sampling of...

      more:

      Date: May 11, 2007 (Fri) @ 8 pm
      Place: Vine Wine Shop & Tasting Loft
      City: Miami
      Cost: $20
      Type: Wine

      Wines of South Africa South Africa has a distinct�wine tradition of tastes & styles,�with it's roots in the classic "Old World" of France, Germany, a...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126092.html

      Event: Wok Star Cooking Classes

      Date: May 15, 2007 (Tue) @ 7pm-10pm
      Place: LA CUISINE gourmet
      City: Coral Gables
      Cost: $65 per person
      Type: Combo

      Join Wok Star, Eleanor Hoh for an unforgettable three hour class in healthy, homestyle and delicious wok cooking, paired with Prosecco, Tiger Beer and...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-122885.html

      Event: Tampa Bay Wine & Food Festival

      Date: May 17, 2007 (Thu) to May 19, 2007 (Sat) @ Please check each event for times
      Place: Don CeSar Beach Resort
      City: St. Petersburg Beach
      Cost: Ranging from $40-$300
      Type: Combo

      Three Sumptuous Days... Three Sumptuous Nights... The Tampa Bay Wine & Food Festival hosted by Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida and the Abilities Fo...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-122209.html

      Event: Grand Tasting of wines of Toro Region, Spain

      Date: May 17, 2007 (Thu) @ from 11am- 4pm
      Place: Westin Colonnade Hotel, Coral Gables
      City: Coral Gables
      Cost: Only for wine professionals and wine enthusiasts. RSVP is re...
      Type: Wine

      The Toro Wine Experience- Miami. May 17th from 11am- 4pm. Westin Colonnade Hotel, Coral Gables. Grand tasting for wine professionals and wine enthusia...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126450.html

      Event: Professional Singles Wine Tasting

      Date: May 18, 2007 (Fri) @ 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
      Place: Aventura Cellars Wine & Spirits
      City: Aventura
      Cost: $30
      Type: Wine

      South Florida Professional Singles Networking during a Wine Tasting

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-125160.html

      *** Event: Aromatic Whites @ Vine Wine Shop! ***

      Date: May 18, 2007 (Fri) @ 8 pm
      Place: Vine Wine Shop & Tasting Loft
      City: Miami
      Cost: $20
      Type: Wine

      Aromatic White's Around the World! Discover the world of white wines and their distinct aromas and qualities. With summer just right around the corner...

      more:
      http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126095.html

      For full calendar visit: http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/

      Ongoing Events

      For full calendar visit: http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/

      Grape Living Online Wine Academy (http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-121075.html)
      Ortanique Temptation Tuesday (http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-124811.html)
      Classic Chardonnays From Sonoma's Best Wineries (http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/event-126884.html)

      For full calendar visit: http://www.localwineevents.com/Miami-Wine/

      Wine Articles

      Article Title: Corks Versus Screw Caps

      I don�t know if you have had the experience of having to return some wine to your local supermarket lately but it seems to fall into two categories. (1) They have the �Wine? You�re trying to return an opened bottle of wine?� I usually reply �Yes, it was corked; so I would like a replacement bottle�. They usually retort with �Of course it was corked; I can see the cork has been pulled out, anyway it�s against the law to give refunds on alcoholic b...

      Read this article: http://www.localwineevents.com/Wine-Articles/302-1.html
      By: Pamela

      About the author:
      Committed to celebrating hospitality with pride, Enobytes Portland based editor has over 20 years experience in the food & wine industry, and his controversial topics in the food and wine industry are sure to entertain and engage you as he meanders through a story.

      Tidbits

      Question:
      What does the term "terroir" mean? In plain English please! Is it used exclusively with regard to French wines?
      Answer:
      Most Americans are terrified of this word because it is hard to pronounce- tair wahr-and it is a very hard concept to understand. "Terroir" is a French term--meaning differences in geography, soil and climate from one vineyard to the next will produce distinct differences in the taste of the wine even if they grow the same grapes. It is a term that originated in Burgundy, France-but it is important in every wine country. The finest and most expensive wines in the world from any country-whether labeled by grape variety, controlled name of origin or level of quality by sugar content-- are "single vineyard" wines that name the individual vineyard where the grapes were grown. This is much like the difference in terroir that produces Kona Vintage Chocolate from Hawaii or Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee. What a difference a place makes. Finally, the reputation of the winery and its winemaker are also an indication of quality-as is the vintage year, the year of harvest, on the label.!
      The vintage year is not the year the wine was made since some wines are in production for 2-3 years. Every year all wineries have to grow an entire new crop of grapes. Some years the weather is good and the harvest of fruit (grapes) is good. Without good grapes you cannot make good wine. If the weather is not good during a growing season, it is not rated a good vintage year.

      Excerpt from Wine Faqs: Real Questions-Real Answers by Anita L. Laraia- www.anitalaraia.com
      Buy at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0759625603/localwineeven-20

      Wine Quiz Answer

      A. Gray, furry mold

      The fungus Botrytis Cinerea, known as �noble rot,� dries up grapes, turning them into shriveled, fuzzy packets of concentrated flavor and sugar. It also imparts its own unique honeyed aroma. From scary grapes comes gorgeous wine.

      Contributor: Jennifer Rosen

      www.corkjester.com

      Change Email Address:
      http://www.LocalWineEvents.com/login.php

      Tell a Friend:
      http://www.LocalWineEvents.com/tell_a_friend.php

      Sent to: miamiwine@yahoogroups.com

      Copyright � 2000-2004, LocalWineEvents.com