Last Call for LaBORatory Night Road Show at North One 10 - Monday, June 5th

  • grapewiz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Greetings!

      Last call for Lab Night this Monday... We've already got a good crowd and are almost at capacity, so if you would like to attend and haven't already responded, please let me know ASAP... If I've already received your response, there is no need to reply again.

      Right after sending out our Lab Night announcement several weeks ago, we found out that North One 10 was voted "Best Restaurant in North Dade" by the readers of New Times, so a gastronomic treat is certainly in store for us.

      Hope to see you on Monday!

      -Alan

      <<It's been a year since our original haunt, Biscayne Wine Merchants Bistro, went into hibernation and LaBORatory Night relocated to The Ark. We plan to continue our vinous experimentation there in coming months.

      But here at LaBORatory Night HQ, we do enjoy the occasional break from our routine, so, at the suggestion of our esteemed Chairman Emeritus, on Monday, June 5th, we're taking the show on the road once again, this time to North One 10 restaurant, in the spot that once housed the venerable Il Tulipano, a stone's throw from LaBORatory Night's original North Miami locale.

      Owned and operated by the husband and wife team of Dewey & Dale LoSasso, the contemporary American cuisine of North One 10 has been praised in the Sun-Sentinel and was recognized by Miami New Times as the Best New Restaurant of 2005.

      Chef Dewey, a founding member of the 1980's era “Mango Gang,” has created what he calls “comfort food with an edge,” a menu both familiar and evocative, infused with tropical ingredients from Florida’s rich cornucopia and the subtle nuances of international haute cuisine.

      North One 10 is offering LaBORatory Night revelers a special price fixe menu:

      FIRST COURSE

      CHOICE OF:

      CHILLED TOMATO GAZPACHO

       OR

      MUSHROOM STUFFED MUSHROOMS

      SMOKED TOMATO VINAIGRETTE, CHAYOTE SLAW

      ENTRÉE

      CHOICE OF

      :

      PAN SEARED CHICKEN PAILLARD

      WHITE BEAN PUREE, GRILLED VEGETABLES, CHICKEN JUS

      OR

      YUCA CRUSTED SNAPPER

      BLACK BEAN LIME BROTH, KIMCHEE AIOLI

      DESSERT

      Here are the details:

      8:00pm
      Monday, June 5th, 2006
      11052 Biscayne Blvd
      Miami, FL 33161
      305.893.4211
      (Please DO NOT not call North One 10 to RSVP)

      $28.00 per person price-fixe from special menu, beverage, tax and service NOT included.

      RSVP's are a must.  PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO North One 10! Email affirmative responses to GrapeWiz@... by Friday, June 2, and let me know how many will be in your party. Please also include a phone number in your email.

      LaBORatory Night (pronounced La-BOHR-atory, like in the old Frankenstein movies) is an ongoing, informal event that has evolved over a period of more than fifteen years at the now defunct but never forgotten Biscayne Wine Merchants Bistro. Our ragtag crew of wine drinkers meets about once a month on Monday nights.

      Every person or couple brings a bottle of wine, masked by a paper bag or other wrapper, which they think would be interesting to share with the group during dinner. Unless you thrive on verbal abuse, no white zinfandel, please. North One 10 has graciously agreed to waive its usual corkage charge for LaBORatory Night.

      Depending on the group's size and earnestness, sometimes we have a serious discussion and analysis of the wines. More often than not, we just drink them.

      Our original Biscayne Wine Merchants ground rules remain - three topics are verboten for discussion on Monday LaBORatory nights - sports, religion and politics. If you feel compelled to raise any of these topics, please come back on Tuesday. All other subjects are fair game.

      Guests, spouses and designated drivers are welcome and encouraged. It's about as much fun as you can legally have on a Monday night.

      Feel free to forward this email to your friends so that the circle of LaBORatory Night victims, errr, participants, continues to expand.

      If this announcement has been forwarded to you by a friend, and you would like to be notified directly for future LaBORatory Night gatherings, or if you would like to be removed from this list, please email grapewiz@...

      Your support of LaBORatory Night, through attendance, suggestions and comments is always greatly appreciated.

      Cheers!
      Alan Kratish
      LaBORatory Night
      "Keeper of the Cork"