SUNSET CORNERS: Vega Sicilia's Pintia from Toro scores 94 pts from Parker

  • michael bittel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      2002 Pintia, from Vega Sicilia
      Toro, Castilla Leon, Spain

      This deep, dark red comes from Vega Sicilia's winery in Toro. This is
      only the second release from this winery. The first sold out in one
      week! We have a limited amount available.

      Review by Robert Parker
      Wine Advocate #159 (Jun 2005)
      Rating: 94 points
      Drink 2005-2013
      From a challenging vintage for Toro, Pintia's 2002 is among the finest
      wines produced in that appellation. Pintia is a project of Vega Sicilia,
      who believes they produced a better wine in 2002 than in 2001. I'm not
      sure I would go that far, but there is no question the 2002 Pintia comes
      close to the 2001. It is a powerful (14.5% alcohol), dense
      ruby/purple-tinged offering displaying flamboyant aromatics of
      blackberries, scorched earth, espresso roast, and cedar. Voluptuous,
      dense, and heady, with plenty of fat and glycerin, this is a
      head-turning, exuberant Spanish red to drink now and over the next 7-8
      years.

      SAVE THE DATE:
      The next two Friday evenings, December 2nd and 9th
      OUR ANNUAL CHAMPAGNE AND SPARKLING WINE TASTING
      6:30pm - 8:30pm
      28 different bubblies each night!
      Free

      all clients on Sunset Corners email newletter have been listed at thier
      request. If you would like to be removed from our list, please send us
      an email with the word remove in the subject line.

      SAVE THE DATE:
      The Miami Wine and Food Festival
      March 16-18 2006

      Michael H. Bittel