SUNSET CORNERS: Two Italian Stallions face each other in a Saturday wine tasting fight

  • michael bittel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      You've heard of Iron Chefs America, the popular TV show where talented
      celebrity chefs challenge each other in the kitchen to see whom will
      create the best cuisine. That battles is nothing compared to what we
      have planned for you this Saturday.

      We invite you to join us this Saturday for the ultimate battle! THE WINE
      WAR!
      NOTE: this will not be seen on TV... You must come to this free tasting
      to see the winner!

      In the opening match we pitch two siblings against each other....

      IL Prosecco and IL Rose ($12.99 a bottle and $6.99 a 1/2 bottle)

      Two beautiful sparkling wines from Italy. Produced in the frizzante
      style (about 1/2 the bubbles of champagne)
      The long time champion of Italy, Prosecco, is challenged by a new comer,
      a delicious sparkler made from Cabernet, Merlot and Raboso
      The sparklers of IL are uniquely crisp, fresh, dry wines that are
      perfect for South Florida.
      When to drink them?
      The electricity came back on? Cheers- it's time for IL!
      You got a roofer for that leak! Cheers- its time for IL!
      The pool isn't green anymore? Cheers- its time for IL!
      Who will win the battle? Prosecco or Rose?
      You are the judge

      In the main attraction we pit two top contenders from the two most
      famous regions of Italy, both from the 2002 vintage!
      Strength or beauty? Weight or finesse? Proven management or a young
      contender?
      Can't you feel the excitement?

      From Tuscany...
      2002 San Filippo Rosso di Montalcino ($24.99 a bottle)
      Lush, rich, sweet, voluptuous!
      Made from the Sangiovese Grosso grape, this contender is often known by
      the nickname "Baby Brunello."

      Against

      From Piedmont...
      2002 La Spinetta Pin ($19.99 a bottle)
      big, tightly structured, brawny!
      World respected wine producer, Gorgio Rivetti has produced many champion
      wines.
      Will he once again take home the belt? (or you a case)

      Everyone's a winner in THE WINE WAR!
      We end the tasting with IL Moscato ($12.99 a bottle and $6.99 a 1/2
      bottle)
      Peachy on the nose, sweet to the taste and only 7% alcohol

      NOTE: THE WINE WAR BATTLE takes place rain or shine. Be there!

      SEE YOU THIS SATURDAY
      September 3rd
      Anytime between 12pm and 4pm
      And the tasting is free!

      SAVE THE DATE!
      March 16-18, 2006
      The Eleventh Annual.....
      MIAMI WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL

      Miami New Times "Best Liquor Store" 2004
      Celebrating 50 years in Miami

      Michael H. Bittel
      Sunset Corners Fine Wines & Spirits
      8701 Sunset Drive Miami, FL 33173