RE: [miamiWINE] HRM Rex-Goliath Cab Sauv

  • MacLafferty, SuLin
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2003
      Carl, tomorrow is Friday!!!  So tomorrow or Friday, same thing.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003

        The Vino owners are nice and so is the environment.  Unfortunately, they allow smoking.  All is great there until some idiot lights up and signals my time to leave.

        Thanks for all the great info!  If anyone is going to Barry's tomorrow I'll
        see you guys there.
        Afterwards, they'll be pouring wine at Vino down the block at around 9pm.

        Carl
        At 01:35 PM 3/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:

        >Well, sounds like you found a good deal, Leo!  And looks
        like you have
        >done quite a bit of research on it, too.  Don't know
        anything about it but
        >will have to check it out.  Hey!  What
        do "those people" know about French
        >wines anyway????  Aren't they
        the ones who are usually interested in CA
        >wines if they cost (I guess)
        $15 and upwards?  Whatever...

        >Another bargain wine someone
        told me about and has been backed up by
        >another reputable wine expert is
        a South African red wine called Goats do
        >Roam which is another good buy
        ~ under $10!!!  So, give that one a try as
        >well.  Have seen it
        at ABC and you probably may find it at Crown's as well.

        >So,
        enjoy!!!

        href="http://www.rexgoliath.com/rexgoliathcabernetsauvignon.pdf">http://www.rexgoliath.com/rexgoliathcabernetsauvignon.pdf>http://www.rexgoliath.com/rexgoliathcabernetsauvignon.pdf

        >Appellation: Central Coast
        >Varietal Content: 100%
        cabernet sauvignon
        >Alcohol: 13.5%
        >Total Acidity:
        0.59
        >Release Date: June 1, 2002
        >pH: 3.50
        >Suggested Retail:
        $7.99
        >Cases Produced: 5,000
        >
        >831-678-2132
        >fax:
        831-678-2005
        >37700 Foothill Road
        >Soledad, California
        >P.O.
        Drawer C
        >Soledad, Ca. 93960-0167
        >
        >Amidst the natural
        splendor of Monterey County, our vineyards enjoy the most
        >optimum growing
        conditions and the beauty of an untamed hillside landscape.
        >We invite you
        to raise a toast to Rex with our free range Cabernet
        >Sauvignon!
        >No
        one wants to believe me when I tell them that they can have this wine
        >for
        under
        >10.00 (very gratifying to know you are doing a good job). This is
        >hearty Cabernet
        >Sauvignon with structure and concentration. Dark
        and intense in color.
        >Hints of cedar
        >and oak, with layers of
        raspberry, plum, mocha, and currant. Firm
        >tannins with big
        >fruit
        flavors lead to a lengthy and persistent finish. I love taking
        >this wine
        to gettogethers
        >with friends. It always seems to help inspire good
        conversation. I probably
        >don't need to say that a wine like this will
        work best with a hearty red
        >meat
        >dish, but I will any way. I can
        also confirm that this is the ultimate