Re: [MIAMIwine] Unsanitary pouring practice?

  • RGonza2727@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2003
         Interesting perspective Leo. I think you may have a valid point with this. It would be interesting to poll our members and see how many of them may have gotten sick within the past two years, after attending a testing.
        My results: I've been going to tastings for over three years now- never have gotten sick.
         I guess everyone will be in attendance next week at South Beach. See you all there.
    • Carl Kruse
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2003
        Er, interesting point but you forget one thing:
        alcohol, i.e., wine kills every germ known to humankind.

        At 09:27 AM 2/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
        > Interesting perspective Leo. I think you may have a valid point with
        > this. It would be interesting to poll our members and see how many of
        > them may have gotten sick within the past two years, after attending a testing.
        > My results: I've been going to tastings for over three years now- never
        > have gotten sick.
        > I guess everyone will be in attendance next week at South Beach. See
        > you all there.
        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • A casual observer
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2003
          I guess you've never heard of TCA...

          Er,  interesting point but you forget one thing:
          alcohol, i.e., wine kills every germ known to humankind.

          At 09:27 AM 2/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
          >    Interesting perspective Leo. I think you may have a valid point with
          > this. It would be interesting to poll our members and see how many of
          > them may have gotten sick within the past two years, after attending a testing.
          >   My results: I've been going to tastings for over three years now- never
          > have gotten sick.
          >    I guess everyone will be in attendance next week at South Beach. See
          > you all there.
          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Carl Kruse
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2003
            I haven't perhaps you could tell us what it is?

            Also, perhaps you could also give us some examples, whether anecdotal
            or clinical, of people getting sick at wine tastings from the
            issue described by Leo.
            Thanks.

            At 11:51 PM 2/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
            >I guess you've never heard of TCA...

          • Leo Bueno
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 24, 2003

              Would you share a wine glass at a tasting with someone you knew had Hepatitis?

              At 14% alcohol (top end), I suspect there are lots of bugs that can survive a brief exposure to wine.  Plus, it seems to me that your lips touch more of the glass than does the wine (if it didn't, you would slobber it), so bugs can sit happily on areas of the rim not exposed to the liquid.

              ====================================
              Leo Bueno
              305-818-9129
              305-669-5260
              P.O. Box 440545
              Miami FL  33144-0545
              AOL IM:  LeoBueno
              ====================================
              Er,  interesting point but you forget one thing:
              alcohol, i.e., wine kills every germ known to humankind.

              At 09:27 AM 2/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
              >    Interesting perspective Leo. I think you may
              have a valid point with
              > this. It would be interesting to poll our
              members and see how many of
              > them may have gotten sick within the past
              two years, after attending a testing.
              >   My results: I've been
              going to tastings for over three years now- never
              > have gotten
              sick.
              >    I guess everyone will be in attendance next week
              at South Beach. See
              > you all there.
              >Yahoo! Groups
              Sponsor