OregonWines.com Newsletter for February 2003

  • oregonwines2001 <groups@oregonwines.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2003
      _ ******************************************
      |_| *
      | | OREGONWINES.COM *
      | | *
      / \ Bringing Together Wine Lovers *
      | | ___ and Oregon Wineries *
      |-----| | | *
      | | \ / MONTHLY NEWSLETTER *
      |-----| | EDITION 4, 8 FEBRUARY 2003 *
      | | | *
      ----- --- ***********************************

      Dear Wine Enthusiast,

      Happy Valentine's Day! Welcome to the fourth edition of the
      OregonWines.com Newsletter. Thank you for subscribing. We welcome any
      questions, comments, or contributions you might have.

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~
      In this Newsletter:

      1. Featured Editorial: The 2003 Grape Taste of Bend Tasted Great!
      2. Celebrate Valentine's Day With Oregon Wines
      3. Featured Tasting: Abacela Vineyards 2000 Tempranillo
      4. Tell a Friend About OregonWines.com
      5. Your Subscription Details

      Featured Sponsor: Canvas Dreams
      Need professional Web hosting starting
      at only $15 per month?
      Visit Canvas Dreams to learn more:
      http://www.CanvasDreams.com/hosting

      Want to advertise in this monthly newsletter?
      Contact us for information and rates:
      info@... * (503) 574-4277

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~
      1. Featured Editorial: The 2003 Grape Taste of Bend Tasted Great!

      On January 31, the city of Bend, Oregon hosted its annual
      Winterfest 'Grape Taste' event in the downtown area. Fifteen wineries
      and shops participated to delight wine enthusiasts with an evening of
      excellent, food, wine, and fun. Hundreds of people visited Bend for
      skiing, entertainment, food, wine, and beer events. They strolled the
      streets, stopping in at shops, tasting wines and beers. The town
      buzzed with energy and activity. The two questions we heard people
      saying constantly: "Where are you from?" and "What are you tasting?"

      Of particular note among the participating shops were Jill's Wild
      Tasteful Women and Friends art gallery, which featured a variety of
      hors d'ouvres and wines. The hosts, Jill Neal, gallery owner, and
      Angela Dreher, store manager, were most welcoming. Among the notable
      wineries were Springhill Cellars, which offered a well-balanced
      Cabernet Sauvignon, and Foris Vineyards, which presented a very
      pleasant Pinot Noir.

      Other featured wineries included Amity Vineyards, Beran Vineyards,
      Champagne Creek Cellars, Domaine Coteau, Eola Hills Wine Cellars,
      Eugene Wine Cellars, Foris Vineyards, Hinman Vineyards, Marquam Hills
      Vineyards, Silvan Ridge, and Springhill Cellars. Most wines ranged
      from $10-$15 per bottle.

      Carole Garner, the manager of the Winterfest and Grape Taste events,
      mentioned that "Oregonwines.com jumped into this event and helped
      everyone to present and promote the wineries, shops, food and
      Winterfest in general. These guys act rapidly and produce results
      swiftly. Thank you!"

      This is an event that is well worth attending. For information about
      Winterfest and other events, contact Carole Garner at 541.385.7988.

      - OregonWines.com Staff

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~
      2. Celebrate Valentine's Day With Oregon Wines

      Want to celebrate Valentine's Day with added fun? Do it with Oregon
      wines! Oregon produces many great Pinot Noir, sparkling, and m├ęthode
      champenoise wines perfect for that special day.

      Look up your favorite wines using our online guide. Simply point your
      Web browser to the link below, and find selected Oregon Pinot Noir
      and sparkling wines for your Valentine's Day celebration:

      http://www.oregonwines.com/redirect/pinotnoir.php
      http://www.oregonwines.com/redirect/sparkling.php

      If you haven't yet made plans for Valentine's Day, there's still
      time. Visit our improved Events Calendar to learn about Valentine's
      Day events at Oregon wineries:

      http://www.oregonwines.com/calendar/

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~
      3. Featured Tasting: Abacela Vineyards 2000 Tempranillo

      To help you better understand what Oregon wines have to offer,
      OregonWines.com has worked up some tasting notes for your review. We
      were recently treated to Abacela's 2000 Tempranillo.

      This wine shows intense cherry and plum flavors, matched with equally
      robust aromas of smoke, pepper, and tabacco, and boasts one of the
      longest finishes we've ever seen in a Tempranillo. In layman's terms,
      it is absolutely fantastic.

      The Tempranillo is a perfect match for hearty meat dishes, and also
      goes well with Spanish tapas, such as spicy shellfish and stuffed
      squid.

      Coming this Spring, look for additional, more complete tasting
      reviews, including detailed tasting charts, aromas, colors, suggested
      food matching, and more. For brief notes on other wines, visit our
      tasting notes page:

      http://www.oregonwines.com/winetastingnotes.php

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~
      4. Tell a Friend about OregonWines.com!

      Help spread the word about OregonWines.com. Please forward this
      newsletter to your friends and associates. You can also log on to our
      Tell a Friend page, and send out a personalized invitation to visit
      OregonWines.com:

      http://www.OregonWines.com/tellafriend.php

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~
      5. Your Subscription Details

      Following reader input, we have developed an online wine club for our
      newsletter subscribers. In addition to receiving our newsletter, you
      will soon have access to interactive, instructional services on
      OregonWines.com!

      Beginning at the end of this month, you will have access to an online
      tasting notes service. Using an interactive guide on our Web site,
      you will be able to learn how to taste wines, and then create and
      share your own tasting notes with other wine club members. Look for a
      special announcement from us in the next three weeks, with details
      about this new service.

      To alter your subscription to this newsletter, simply visit:

      http://www.OregonWines.com/subscribe.php

      ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

      OregonWines.com is a service of Canvas Dreams, a professional Web
      development, Web design, hosting, and translation company in
      Beaverton, Oregon. For more information about Canvas Dreams, visit:
      http://www.CanvasDreams.com/

      Learn about advertising opportunities with OregonWines.com at:
      http://www.oregonwines.com/content.php?ArticleID=94

      Please forward this newsletter to other wine enthusiasts in its
      entirety.

      You must be over 21 years of age to purchase or consume alcoholic
      beverages in Oregon. Please drink responsibly.

      _
      |-----| | Tel: 503.574.4277 *
      | | | Fax: 503.214.5507 *

      Copyright 2003 OregonWines.com