"The Friday Night Wine Tasting Series"at the GRAND BAY HOTEL 9-17-2004

  • calb150497@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2004
            "Friday Night Wine Tasting Series"

      Join us for our weekly tasting
      hosted by Barry Alberts at

        The
      Grand Bay Hotel Coconut Grove
      Located at 2669 South Bayshore Drive

      Directions/Questions 305 858-9600
      Time:
      7:00pm to 9:30 pm
      (No Reservations Required)
      Cost: $10

      Held in the beautiful Grand Lobby Lounge
      to the left as you enter the Grand Bay Hotel!!

      This weeks (9/17/04) tasting -
      Wines of New York-
      Finger Lakes

      We will taste-
      Salmon Run-Chardonnay, Pinot Noir & Meritage: Dr. Konstantin Frank-Chardonnay, Riesling-Dry, Riesling-Semi Dry, Merlot & Brut Vintage Sparkling, Sheba Tej-Mead Honey Wine-plus more!!
      Valet park for the special rate of $6.00 for the entire evening and have dinner in Bice following the tasting and parking is free!!
      Bice Restaurant special: for wine tasting attendee's only-- buy one get one no charge!! That's right 2 for 1 from the entire menu! What a deal!!!

      Upcoming Tastings:
      September 17, 2004-Wines of New York-Finger Lakes
      September 24, 2004-An ABC Tasting (Anything But Chard or Cab)
      The "Friday Night Wine Tasting Series" hosted by wine educator Barry Alberts, is now being held at the Grand Bay Hotel-Coconut Grove.The tastings will be held in the beautiful Grand lobby as you enter the hotel.The "Friday Night Wine Tasting Series" is entering its 13 year and is one of the longest ongoing wine tastings in the county! In addition, we will also be resuming our monthly "Wine and Food Pairing-Dinner Series" as well as very special limited rare wine tastings! Held each Friday from 7:00pm until 9:30pm, reservations are not required.The Grand Bay Hotel-Coconut Grove is located at 2669 South Bayshore Drive, Coconut Grove
      .For directions to the Hotel 305 858-9600. For upcoming tastings 305 793-3120.

    • Leo Bueno
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2004
        Gang:

        There are not too many tastings around town featuring Finger Lakes
        wines. I bet that the overwhelming majority of us have never gone to
        such a tasting or even had a Finger Lakes wine (yes, I know you did
        suck down some Cold Duck in High School).

        Consider broadening your wine horizon beyond the common wine growing
        areas.

        Note that most of the featured grapes are European varieties, so this
        will give you a comparison reference.