New file uploaded to MexicoDNAProject

  • MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the MexicoDNAProject
      group.

      File : /FTM-MEXICAN 14-07-19.pdf
      Uploaded by : zen47179020 <silos0619841@...>
      Description : Seeking Your Roots South ofThe Boarder

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      zen47179020 <silos0619841@...>
    • espia_adn
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 28, 2013
        Vaya!, muy buen documento, tiene magnificos tips para ahondar en genealogia mexicana

        saludos y gracias ! :)

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 9, 2013
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the MexicoDNAProject
          group.

          File : /Welcome Message
          Uploaded by : garyf@... <garyf@...>
          Description : Introduction to the Mexico DNA Project Group

          You can access this file at the URL:

          Regards,

          garyf@... <garyf@...>
        • Peggy Deras
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 10, 2013
            The new file uploaded yesterday is a Welcome Message from Gary to new members.

            Existing members might also benefit from reading it.
            Here it is below:

            Welcome new MexicoDNAProject Member.
            Here you will gain valuable information to help you find your Mexican DNA brothers and sisters.
            Please save this email to help you with posting to our MexicoDNAProject Yahoo Group.

            This is an instruction on how you can send emails to our entire Yahoo Group from your email program:

            Just address your message to:

            MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com (add this address to your address book)

            You will know it was sent correctly when you receive a copy as an email from the group.

            When you want to reply ONLY (privately) to another individual who sent a message through the group, just click "Reply to sender " at the bottom of the message, and fill in your message.  It's just like sending a typical private email between two people.

            When you want to send a reply to the entire group, click "Reply to group" at the bottom of the message, and fill in your message.

            Please be certain, before you click "SEND", that you have changed the SUBJECT of your message to something that describes it (instead of just the default Re: Blah Blah Blah.
            Re: Blah Blah Blah may be descriptive enough; but if the subject has changed at all you should describe the change with a new SUBJECT.
            Twenty messages with the subject Re: Blah Blah Blah tend to run together. :-D

            Also, if your message is the 3rd through 20th message in a thread, please delete all but the most recent message from your reply. That way readers don't have to scan down, down, down to get past all the messages they have already read.

            You can do this by simply highlighting the most recent message, hitting Ctrl+C (COPY) before you click "Reply to group" at the bottom of the message.
            Then hit Ctrl+V (PASTE) below your response to paste the previous message below your response message.

            Our messages can sometimes get to be a lot of email. Even for DNA enthusiasts.
            If that's the case with you, you will want to read the other welcome message you will receive today on:
            Searching our Yahoo Group Messages
            Therein you will find instructions about logging on to our group and a way to change your messages to a Daily Digest format.

            Again, welcome to MexicoDNAProject
            If you have further questions, please email me directly at Gary Felix <garyf@...>

            Gary
          • MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the MexicoDNAProject
              group.

              File : /Origins of Racial Ethnicity in Colonial Mexico
              Uploaded by : sennacherif <carlfsenna@...>
              Description : Studies of indigenous intermiture with Spanish and African settlers

              You can access this file at the URL:

              Regards,

              sennacherif <carlfsenna@...>
            • Dahlia Palacios
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
                I had trouble downloading this file. Share more info so I may download.
                Thanks Dahlia

                Dahlia Guajardo-Cantu de Palacios

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 23, 2013
                  Please post as pdf so we can open it!

                  --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Dahlia Palacios <dahlpalaci@...> wrote:

                  > I had trouble downloading this file. Share more info so I may download.
                  > Thanks Dahlia
                  >

                  > Dahlia Guajardo-Cantu de Palacios
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Carl Senna
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 23, 2013
                    For those who read Spanish, Dr. Gonsalvo Aguirre Beltran (1908-1966), late director of the Instituto Nacional Indigenista, Mexico, wrote classic anthropolological studies of African-Indigenous-European populations of colonial racial amalgamation in Mexico.
                    Highly recommended:

                    Cuijla: Esbozo etnografico de un peublo Negro
                    Aguirre Beltran, Gonzalo (1908-1966)

                    PROBLEMAS DE LA POBLACION INDIGENA DE LA CUENCA DEL TEPALCATEPEC
                    Aguirre Beltran, Gonzalo

                    EL PROCESO DE ACULTURACIÓN.
                    AGUIRRE BELTRÁN, Gonzalo

                    Published by Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México, 1957
                    La Problacion Negro de Mexico, 1519-1810: Estudio Etnohistorico
                    Beltrán, Gonzalo Aguirre (1908–1996)

                    Hernández, Cuevas Marco Polo, and Jackson, Richard L. African Mexicans and the Discourse on Modern Nation. Dallas: University of America, 2004.

                    Thomas, Hugh. The Conquest of Mexico. London: Pimlico, 1994.

                    Gates, Henry Louis, Jr. Black in Latin America. New York: NYU Press, 2011.

                    Andrews, George Reid. Afro-Latin America 1800-2000. Oxford University Press, 2004.

                    Medicina y Magia: El Proceso de Aculturacion en la Estructura Colonial
                    Beltran, Gonzalo Aguirre

                    Velázquez, Gutiérrez María Elisa. Mujeres De Origen Africa no En La Capital Novohispana, Siglos XVII Y XVIII. México, D.F.: Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2006.

                    Vinson, Ben, and Matthew Restall. Black Mexico: Race and Society from Colonial to Modern Times. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico, 2009.

                    Sent from my iPad

                    On Aug 23, 2013, at 1:16 PM, "earthchild_marie" <earthchild_marie@...> wrote:

                    Please post as pdf so we can open it!

                    --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Dahlia Palacios <dahlpalaci@...> wrote:

                    > I had trouble downloading this file. Share more info so I may download.
                    > Thanks Dahlia
                    >

                    > Dahlia Guajardo-Cantu de Palacios

                  • Carl Senna
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 23, 2013