Re: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: DNA Genealogy

  • Dahlia Palacios
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 23, 2013
      Orfa,
      Give me some names I have quite a few books from Ciudad Guerrero, Tamaulipas. I shall see if I have your family. Flores, Luna, Mesa,Ramirez,Serna,Silva,and Vela are some names I have in my data base.
      Dahlia

      Dahlia Guajardo-Cantu de Palacios

      From: Dahlia Palacios <dahlpalaci@...>
      To: <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:09:02 PM GMT-0700
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: DNA Genealogy

      Orfa and Christopher,

      Thank you so much for your input. Yes, I have been told that Q1a3a is the only
      haplogroup that issolely Native American. My husbands Flores line from
      Monclova,Coahuila eventually came from Revilla, Ciudad Guerrero, Tamaulipas,
      Mexico then into Duval County around 1875 then Frio County,Texas then Charlotte,
      Atascosa, Texas.

      Its amazing to see our ancestors travels.

      Thanks again

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 24, 2013
        Your welcome Christopher,
        I am not familiar with this site.

        There are some published databases and I use this one as it has a good cross section of tribes:
        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18161845

        We have this haplogropu Q Bejarano line which may be a descendant of Geronimo:
        http://garyfelix.tripod.com/index63.htm#BejaranoJL

        Judging by this very unique value of 10 at marker DYS393 his haplotype is unusual enough to be from an isolate like the Apache.
        The Apache are Na-dene speakers and believed to be more recent arrivals in the Americas coming in the second wave. Many DNA studies support this.

        --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <cburquez@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Gary, that also explains why I haven't made any matches either!! Too bad there aren't more Native American databases. There was one I found a number of years ago cvalled Indigenous DNA.
        >
        > http://indigenousdna.genebase.com/index.php
        >
        > They allowed an uploading of my data, and you could compare the various tribe data though their journals. Their journals included all the asian country and more not specific to just Native Americans. They now won't let you search until you order a DNA kit.
        >
        > Do you know anything about this group???
        >
        > Thanks,

      • Karen Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 24, 2013
          I am sorry, I don't have either of these gentlemen in my line.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jun 22, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Armando Romero <armandolromero@...> wrote:

          my Romero is Inocente Romero Dob 1880- Santa Isabel, Chih. His dad is Doroteo Romero. Can't find a paper trail for Doroteo.

          On Jun 22, 2013, at 7:48 PM, "Christopher" <cburquez@...> wrote:

          I have two Romero lineages, My great grandfather (paternal) Salvador Grijalva was married to Petra Romero. And Luis Romero married to Brijida Bejarano Great Great Grandparents(maternal). Both early 1800's to 1850. The Romero's per some cousins who are Moreno's say they are Tohono Oodom (papago) from the Romero lineage, at least in Sonora. Many crossed back and forth from Chihuahua.