Fw: Dys 19

  • popbravo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2013

      On Sunday, December 1, 2013 3:12 PM, Gary Felix <garyf@...> wrote:
      This message never made it to our group. Could you please post this to our Yahoo group.

      Thanks,
      Gary

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2013
        Looking at your 12 marker matches they are few and with Irish and French surnames. Since the matches are widespread and they also have the same value at DYS19 there is not significance attached to this marker.

        You would try to look for regional affinity with unusual variants for significance and then you usually have multiple variants with more meaningful interpretation of affinity.  The slower the mutating marker the more significant affinity (ie. matches).

        Gary