New Sanchez from Sonora Results Posted

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 25, 2013
      New Sanchez, JamesWest European - R1b,13241310111412121113132918091011112515192915151717

      Sanchez, JamesSuamca Mission at Santa Cruz, Sonora Mexico> Northern Sonora Mexico. Haplogroup R1b most frequent in Western Europe. See this cluster of YDNA 14 of 15 marker match(es) (one step mismatch at DYS19) to 1 of 197 Basque Country, Spain [Spanish], 1 of 205 Bahia, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian], 1 of 31 Rio Branco, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian], 1 of 1407 United States [Hispanic American], 1 of 102 Oran, Algeria [Arab], 1 of 131 Illinois, United States [African American] & 1 of 130 Modena, Italy [Italian] in this -YHRD database search. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Marcial Sanchez was with the 1774 Anza expedition to find a route to California m Vicenta Azedo> Jose Ramon Sanchez is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area). Contact Teddi Montes

      Teddi,
      if you would like to update anything just let me know.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Teddi Montes wrote:

      > ALL that I have so far after 35 years....Marcial Sanchez. (wife is
      > Vicenta Azedo) bapt. a son in 1754 at Suamca, was a godparent in 1760
      > at Guevavi, and was with the 1774 Anza expedition to find a route to
      > California. I find him NOWHERES ELSE after 1774. His son, Jose
      > Ramon, is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area). All
      > locations are northern Sonora. The Azedo surname and also Sanchez is
      > found in the area in the roster etc. I do not find him on the Tubac
      > or Tucumcacori padrones. Still searching mission records......and for
      > clues as to the origins of Marcial.
      >
      > Mysteries??? Yea...like WHO are these guys and WHERE did you come
      > from??? South via Arizpe or Alamos or New Mexico or Chihuahua/
      > Durango????
      >

      > LOTS of mysteries and I am so hoping we have some sort of a FF cousin
      > match w the Miranda Y guy!!!!
      >
      > Have not done anything w Y search so can you do that?
      >
      > Teddi Montes

    • Teddi Montes
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 13, 2013
        I will be leaving soon for a 6 week mule trip covering the bottom half
        (500 miles) of the Baja California peninsula. I will be collecting DNA
        from selected males of founding family surnames, most were soldiers/
        mission workers etc in Baja California between 1697-1800. Pedigrees
        will be compiled (via initial interview and my 40 yrs of research)
        first to give a greater chance that the Y line goes back to the
        selected ancestor surname and I am also using the 1930 Baja California
        census to help narrow the search. Hopefully I will have at least 2-3
        different men for each surname to try to sift out the "who's your
        daddy ain't your daddy" NPE issues.

        If you are a male Carrillo descended from the Santa Barbara-Los
        Angeles-San Diego Carrillos of Alta California (late 1700s from Baja
        to 1850) and have a good paper trail and have confirmed your Y, I
        would like to hear from you. This includes any present day Carrillo
        in Baja California especially in the south.

        Also if you are a Baja/Alta California Verduzco/Verdusco/Berdusco and
        know that your male line has roots in southern Baja California
        pre-1850 I would also like to hear from you.

        Other surnames (with the same requirements) are Cota (descended from
        soldier Andre Cota), Marron (soldier Rafael Marron), Romero (soldier
        Jose Ignacio Romero), Mayoral (Filipino sailor who jumped ship at Cabo
        San Lucas-1760), Lopez (soldier Juan Miguel Lopez), Aguilar (soldier
        Juan Antonio Aguilar) and Villavicencio (soldier (Manuel de le Toree
        Villavicencio).

        So----Surnames are:
        Aguilar
        Carrillo
        Cota
        Lopez
        Mayoral
        Marron
        Romero
        Verduzco
        Villavicencio

        I have already established the Y for the Arce soldier-brothers
        (1734----)

        There are other names I will watch for but this list might at least
        get someone's attention here who has a line to any of these men.

        Teddi Montes
        The Californio DNA Project
        familia Sanchez Azedo (Sonora)
        familia Marron Carrillo (Baja California
        familia Marron/Arce (Baja California)
        My other 4WD is a Baja mule!

        It is a well-known fact in Baja California that if you throw a rock in
        to the air, it will fall on the head of an Arce!!
      • Cindy Martin