New Sanchez R1b-L21>DF73 Iberian cluster results posted

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 24, 2013
      A new Iberian cluster is showing up based on a couple of Hispanic results out of the 1000 Genomes project and now our own 2 positive results:
      Sanchez, JessePortugal>Coahila Mexico>Nuevo Leon Mexico>Texas USA. Haplogroup R1b-L21>DF73 Iberian origin. Appears in a cluster of Iberians. See these YDNA 15 marker matches to 6 of 1078 Australia [European], 3 of 766 Australia [Aboriginal], 3 of 587 Buenos Aires, Argentina [Admixed], 2 of 152 Central Alaska, United States [Athabaskan Indian], 2 of 93 Galicia, Spain [Spanish], 2 of 1475 United States [European American], 2 of 166 Costa Rica [Mestizo], 1 of 193 Santander, Colombia [Mestizo], 1 of 509 Stuttgart, Germany [German], 1 of 58 Limburg, Belgium [Belgian], 1 of 197 Basque Country, Spain [Spanish], 1 of 195 Bogotá, Colombia [Mestizo], 1 of 162 Marche, Italy [Italian], 1 of 167 Huelva, Spain [Spanish], 1 of 128 Córdoba, Argentina [European], 1 of 277 Antwerpen, Belgium [Belgian], 1 of 531 Rostock, Germany [German], 1 of 67 Boa Vista, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian] and 1 of 255 Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil [European] in a - YHRD database search. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Jesse Sanchez> Jesus Sanchez> Gregorio Sanchez> Eleuterio Sanchez> Valentin Jesus Sanchez> Dario Sanchez> Joseph Matias Sanchez> Antonio Dionicio Sanchez>Francisco Luis Sanchez> Diego Luis Sanchez> Martin Sanchez> Juan Farias 1500's (Portugal). Contact Crispin Rendon

      New Sanchez, JesseIberia - R1b-L21>DF7313241411111412121313132917091011112415192914161617

      Also new SNP results for:
      Saldana, Saul ThomasIberian - R1b-L21>DF73132414111114121213141330..........................

      Added this section:
      R1b-L21>DF73Iberian origin - This group left Doggerland in ancient times and migrated back into Iberia likely driven by unstable climate change.- 02

      We have 9 other R1b-L21 project members. It would be interesting to see if they would test positive for this marker as well.

    • Teddi Montes
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 25, 2013
        Gary-

        One of my kits, James Sanchez, Y 67 results are in. Do I need to do
        something to get them in your Y study? Oldest Ancestor is Marcial
        Sanchez, soldier, w Anza, 1774.

        Teddi Montes
      • Joel Peres

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 25, 2013
                Hi Teddi,
                The posting would have the haplogroup and 25 marker results along with geographical information. You can post to Ysearch automatically on your YDNA Matches page at the bottom after you run a search. If you have done so please pass along your Ysearch ID and I can link it to the ysearch button by your name on the project page. Otherwise I can do it for you and Y search will email your password and user ID.

                Please let me know the following:
                The migration pattern of this surname line.
                Your earliest surname line ancestor and the year they were born as well as where they were born.
                Any family mysteries you are looking to solve?

                Names, geography and birth dates of this paternal line are helpful in determining related lines.

                Gary

                --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Teddi Montes <o2bnbaja@...> wrote:

                > Gary-
                >
                > One of my kits, James Sanchez, Y 67 results are in. Do I need to do
                > something to get them in your Y study? Oldest Ancestor is Marcial
                > Sanchez, soldier, w Anza, 1774.
                >
                > Teddi Montes

              • Teddi Montes
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 25, 2013
                  ALL that I have so far after 35 years....Marcial Sanchez.  (wife is Vicenta Azedo) bapt. a son in 1754 at Suamca, was a godparent in 1760 at Guevavi, and was with the 1774 Anza  expedition to find a route to California.  I find him NOWHERES ELSE after 1774.  His son, Jose Ramon, is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area).  All locations are northern Sonora.  The Azedo surname and also Sanchez is found in the area in the roster etc.  I do not find him on the Tubac or Tucumcacori padrones.  Still searching mission records......and for clues as to the origins of Marcial.

                  Mysteries??? Yea...like WHO are these guys and WHERE did you come from???  South via Arizpe or Alamos or New Mexico or Chihuahua/Durango????

                  LOTS of mysteries and I am so hoping we have some sort of a FF cousin match w the Miranda Y guy!!!!

                  Have not done anything w Y search so can you do that?

                  Teddi Montes

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 25, 2013
                    New Sanchez, JamesWest European - R1b,13241310111412121113132918091011112515192915151717

                    Sanchez, JamesSuamca Mission at Santa Cruz, Sonora Mexico> Northern Sonora Mexico. Haplogroup R1b most frequent in Western Europe. See this cluster of YDNA 14 of 15 marker match(es) (one step mismatch at DYS19) to 1 of 197 Basque Country, Spain [Spanish], 1 of 205 Bahia, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian], 1 of 31 Rio Branco, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian], 1 of 1407 United States [Hispanic American], 1 of 102 Oran, Algeria [Arab], 1 of 131 Illinois, United States [African American] & 1 of 130 Modena, Italy [Italian] in this -YHRD database search. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Marcial Sanchez was with the 1774 Anza expedition to find a route to California m Vicenta Azedo> Jose Ramon Sanchez is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area). Contact Teddi Montes

                    Teddi,
                    if you would like to update anything just let me know.

                    --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Teddi Montes wrote:

                    > ALL that I have so far after 35 years....Marcial Sanchez. (wife is
                    > Vicenta Azedo) bapt. a son in 1754 at Suamca, was a godparent in 1760
                    > at Guevavi, and was with the 1774 Anza expedition to find a route to
                    > California. I find him NOWHERES ELSE after 1774. His son, Jose
                    > Ramon, is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area). All
                    > locations are northern Sonora. The Azedo surname and also Sanchez is
                    > found in the area in the roster etc. I do not find him on the Tubac
                    > or Tucumcacori padrones. Still searching mission records......and for
                    > clues as to the origins of Marcial.
                    >
                    > Mysteries??? Yea...like WHO are these guys and WHERE did you come
                    > from??? South via Arizpe or Alamos or New Mexico or Chihuahua/
                    > Durango????
                    >

                    > LOTS of mysteries and I am so hoping we have some sort of a FF cousin
                    > match w the Miranda Y guy!!!!
                    >
                    > Have not done anything w Y search so can you do that?
                    >
                    > Teddi Montes

                  • Teddi Montes
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 13, 2013
                      I will be leaving soon for a 6 week mule trip covering the bottom half
                      (500 miles) of the Baja California peninsula. I will be collecting DNA
                      from selected males of founding family surnames, most were soldiers/
                      mission workers etc in Baja California between 1697-1800. Pedigrees
                      will be compiled (via initial interview and my 40 yrs of research)
                      first to give a greater chance that the Y line goes back to the
                      selected ancestor surname and I am also using the 1930 Baja California
                      census to help narrow the search. Hopefully I will have at least 2-3
                      different men for each surname to try to sift out the "who's your
                      daddy ain't your daddy" NPE issues.

                      If you are a male Carrillo descended from the Santa Barbara-Los
                      Angeles-San Diego Carrillos of Alta California (late 1700s from Baja
                      to 1850) and have a good paper trail and have confirmed your Y, I
                      would like to hear from you. This includes any present day Carrillo
                      in Baja California especially in the south.

                      Also if you are a Baja/Alta California Verduzco/Verdusco/Berdusco and
                      know that your male line has roots in southern Baja California
                      pre-1850 I would also like to hear from you.

                      Other surnames (with the same requirements) are Cota (descended from
                      soldier Andre Cota), Marron (soldier Rafael Marron), Romero (soldier
                      Jose Ignacio Romero), Mayoral (Filipino sailor who jumped ship at Cabo
                      San Lucas-1760), Lopez (soldier Juan Miguel Lopez), Aguilar (soldier
                      Juan Antonio Aguilar) and Villavicencio (soldier (Manuel de le Toree
                      Villavicencio).

                      So----Surnames are:
                      Aguilar
                      Carrillo
                      Cota
                      Lopez
                      Mayoral
                      Marron
                      Romero
                      Verduzco
                      Villavicencio

                      I have already established the Y for the Arce soldier-brothers
                      (1734----)

                      There are other names I will watch for but this list might at least
                      get someone's attention here who has a line to any of these men.

                      Teddi Montes
                      The Californio DNA Project
                      familia Sanchez Azedo (Sonora)
                      familia Marron Carrillo (Baja California
                      familia Marron/Arce (Baja California)
                      My other 4WD is a Baja mule!

                      It is a well-known fact in Baja California that if you throw a rock in
                      to the air, it will fall on the head of an Arce!!
                    • Cindy Martin