Re: Spaniards in the new world 1492-1522

  • mexr1b@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2013
      There are without a doubt many documented cases of men taking their daughters to Mexico from Spain. My ancestor Leonel de Cervantes was one of them.

      http://garyfelix.tripod.com/index1A.htm#Cervantes

      Juan González de Hermosillo is a another documented case.

      There are people all over Mexico that can document their ancestry and have mtDNA results to prove their maternal line is Spanish and it had arrived in Mexico in the 15th to 17th century. Given this is a minority but to say it didn't happen is factually incorrect.