Sanchez from Morelia, Mexico

  • bfck99
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2013
      Hi,
      I just joined the project...actually for my husband's DNA and Family Finder, not mine.
      His grandfather, Victor Sanchez, was born in Morelia Michoacan Mexico in 1902. Does anyone know of any good sites that would help me to research his family history? His grandfathers passport lists his father as Jose Maria Sanchez and his mother as Donaciana Anaya. I did find the record of his birth on www.familysearch.org.
      Thank you for any help you can offer.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2013
        Hi and Welcome,
        you could try ancestry.com or the genealogy forums.

        This might be a good time to bring up a problem I am having keeping up with the new project members. It has become increasing hard to keep track of everyone regarding their YDNA testing so anyone that has tested and wishes to post on the project page(http://members.tripod.com/~GaryFelix/index63.htm) please provide me with the migration pattern of the surname line that was tested.
        The earliest surname line ancestor and surname line descendants and the year they were born as well as where they were born and any family mysteries you are looking to solve.

        The posting would have your haplogroup and 12 or 25 marker results along with geographical information. You can post to Ysearch automatically on your YDNA Matches page at the bottom after you run a search. If you have done so please pass along your Ysearch ID and I can link it to the ysearch button by your name on the project page. Otherwise I can do it for you and Y search will email your password and user ID.

        This can be posted to this group or privately to my email at GaryF@...

        Best,
        Gary