I'm searching for my Mother's family and Family Tree

  • itsmeed20
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
      My Mother was born in Los Mochis,Sin,Mx on March 16th,1904, there's a lot of confusion on her name, it was changed so many times.
      She is in the Mexican Census of 1930 under: Maria Alvarado, changed to Maria Galvan, but I know her as: Maria Soto, she died in San Juan Capistrano,Ca in 1979. Her Sister is: Manuela Soto b-1909 Mazatlan,Sin, married name: Manuela Soto de Solis, she died in McAllen,Texas,USA.
      My Great Grandmother: Juana Valenzuela (no further info)
      My Grandmother: Virgina Soto b-cerca 1886 d-1909,Sinaloa,Mx
      My Mother is related to the following according to the DNA Test.
      Maria Rosa Monreal Lopez b-1753 Alamos,Sonora,Mx d-San Gabriel,Ca
      Efigenio Carrillo Ruiz b-1745 El Fuerte,Sin
      Socorro Quinter de Soto b-1855 El Fuerte,Sin
      Maria Josefa Benita Lopez b-1784 San Juan Capistrano,Ca
      Juan Francisco Bernal b-cerca 1760 Villa de Sinaloa,Mx
      Maria Josefa de Soto (Sotomayor) b-cerca 1748 Villa de Sinaloa,Mx
      Juan Nicholas Soto (Sotomayor) b-cera 1722
      Maria Juliana Avila
      Jose Francisco Ortega (Father Serra's Military Guide cerca 1776)
      Andres Cota b-cerca 1700
      Roque Jacinto de Cota b-cerca 1724 El Fuerte,Sin,Mx
      Juana Maria Verdugo b-cerca 1743 Loreto,Baja California
      My Mother is related to almost every of the Early California Settlers,
      including the Carrilo's, Pico's, Sepulveda's, Yorba's, Ruiz's, Alvarado's, Bandini's, Lopez, Dominguez, Soto's, Ortega's. I have all this information but I'm unable to locate my Mother's Birth Certificate or family tree, due to the fact that I do not have her birth name, if anyone can help, please do so. Thanks Ed
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2013
        Hello Ed,
        have you done any autosomal testing yet? FTDNA and 23andme.com offer autosomal testing.

        I am related to the Lopez of Alamos Sonora. Autosomal testing may show this connection.

        --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "itsmeed20" <itsmeed20@...> wrote:

        > My Mother was born in Los Mochis,Sin,Mx on March 16th,1904, there's a lot of confusion on her name, it was changed so many times.
        > She is in the Mexican Census of 1930 under: Maria Alvarado, changed to Maria Galvan, but I know her as: Maria Soto, she died in San Juan Capistrano,Ca in 1979. Her Sister is: Manuela Soto b-1909 Mazatlan,Sin, married name: Manuela Soto de Solis, she died in McAllen,Texas,USA.
        > My Great Grandmother: Juana Valenzuela (no further info)
        > My Grandmother: Virgina Soto b-cerca 1886 d-1909,Sinaloa,Mx
        > My Mother is related to the following according to the DNA Test.
        > Maria Rosa Monreal Lopez b-1753 Alamos,Sonora,Mx d-San Gabriel,Ca
        > Efigenio Carrillo Ruiz b-1745 El Fuerte,Sin
        > Socorro Quinter de Soto b-1855 El Fuerte,Sin
        > Maria Josefa Benita Lopez b-1784 San Juan Capistrano,Ca
        > Juan Francisco Bernal b-cerca 1760 Villa de Sinaloa,Mx
        > Maria Josefa de Soto (Sotomayor) b-cerca 1748 Villa de Sinaloa,Mx
        > Juan Nicholas Soto (Sotomayor) b-cera 1722
        > Maria Juliana Avila
        > Jose Francisco Ortega (Father Serra's Military Guide cerca 1776)
        > Andres Cota b-cerca 1700
        > Roque Jacinto de Cota b-cerca 1724 El Fuerte,Sin,Mx
        > Juana Maria Verdugo b-cerca 1743 Loreto,Baja California
        > My Mother is related to almost every of the Early California Settlers,
        > including the Carrilo's, Pico's, Sepulveda's, Yorba's, Ruiz's, Alvarado's, Bandini's, Lopez, Dominguez, Soto's, Ortega's. I have all this information but I'm unable to locate my Mother's Birth Certificate or family tree, due to the fact that I do not have her birth name, if anyone can help, please do so. Thanks Ed

      • Jaime Avila
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 2013
          Ed:  I've done some research on the early California families.  Many if not most came by way of SanDiego, CA and Loreto, B.C. but first from El Fuerte, Sinaloa.  El Fuerte was settled in 17th or 18th C.  I would suggest looking for ancestors in that city (Los Mochis is not very far from El Fuerte).  I share DNA with an Avila from Choix and I notice you are related to one also.  Let me know what you learn.

          --
          THX!

          Jim Avila
        • Edward Romero
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 17, 2013
            Jaime, thanks for the message and I will advise if I locate anything. Ed

            Ed:  I've done some research on the early California families.  Many if not most came by way of SanDiego, CA and Loreto, B.C. but first from El Fuerte, Sinaloa.  El Fuerte was settled in 17th or 18th C.  I would suggest looking for ancestors in that city (Los Mochis is not very far from El Fuerte).  I share DNA with an Avila from Choix and I notice you are related to one also.  Let me know what you learn.
            On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM, garyf@... <garyf@...> wrote:

            Hello Ed,
            have you done any autosomal testing yet? FTDNA and 23andme.com offer autosomal testing.

            I am related to the Lopez of Alamos Sonora. Autosomal testing may show this connection.

            --- In mailto:MexicoDNAProject%40yahoogroups.com, "itsmeed20" <itsmeed20@...> wrote: > > My Mother was born in Los Mochis,Sin,Mx on March 16th,1904, there's a lot of confusion on her name, it was changed so many times. > She is in the Mexican Census of 1930 under: Maria Alvarado, changed to Maria Galvan, but I know her as: Maria Soto, she died in San Juan Capistrano,Ca in 1979. Her Sister is: Manuela Soto b-1909 Mazatlan,Sin, married name: Manuela Soto de Solis, she died in McAllen,Texas,USA.> My Great Grandmother: Juana Valenzuela (no further info) > My Grandmother: Virgina Soto b-cerca 1886 d-1909,Sinaloa,Mx > My Mother is related to the following according to the DNA Test. > Maria Rosa Monreal Lopez b-1753 Alamos,Sonora,Mx d-San Gabriel,Ca > Efigenio Carrillo Ruiz b-1745 El Fuerte,Sin > Socorro Quinter de Soto b-1855 El Fuerte,Sin > Maria Josefa Benita Lopez b-1784 San Juan Capistrano,Ca > Juan Francisco Bernal b-cerca 1760 Villa de Sinaloa,Mx > Maria Josefa de Soto (Sotomayor) b-cerca 1748 Villa de Sinaloa,Mx > Juan Nicholas Soto (Sotomayor) b-cera 1722 > Maria Juliana Avila > Jose Francisco Ortega (Father Serra's Military Guide cerca 1776) > Andres Cota b-cerca 1700 > Roque Jacinto de Cota b-cerca 1724 El Fuerte,Sin,Mx > Juana Maria Verdugo b-cerca 1743 Loreto,Baja California > My Mother is related to almost every of the Early California Settlers, > including the Carrilo's, Pico's, Sepulveda's, Yorba's, Ruiz's, Alvarado's, Bandini's, Lopez, Dominguez, Soto's, Ortega's. I have all this information but I'm unable to locate my Mother's Birth Certificate or family tree, due to the fact that I do not have her birth name, if anyone can help, please do so. Thanks Ed>
            -- THX! Jim Avila
          • Edward Romero
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17, 2013
              Yes, I have, that's how I got most of my information. thanks Ed