Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: DF81+ candidates

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 13, 2013
      Sounds good Robert.
      DF81 is one of the 6 or so parallel to the DF83. There may be something more on DF81 under is aka geno2 name.

      Gary

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 31, 2013
        Hi Robert,

        I must be looking in the wrong area for this spreadsheet.  Could you please advise where it is located?  thank you....

        Karen Romero Rodriguez

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1 2:28 AM

          Hi Karen,

          The link to the file is from the R1b-DF27-Project in Yahoo Groups....not in the MexicoDNAProject Group. Here is a link to the file:

          https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17907527/R1b-P312xL21_Haplotypes.zip

          --- In mexicodnaproject@yahoogroups.com, <ckrodz18@...> wrote:

          Hi Robert,

          I must be looking in the wrong area for this spreadsheet.  Could you please advise where it is located?  thank you....

          Karen Romero Rodriguez

          You saw my DF81+ results before I did...LOL. I hope my results encourage those R1b folks in the project with these particular marker values I listed to get tested for DF81. At least to me, this kind of looks to be a Basque cluster. BTW, I took the haplotypes from Mike Walsh's spreadsheet that were tentatively listed as DF81 (N=37) and ran them through Ken Nordverdt's Generations 111 spreadsheet and found a TMRCA of about 4,000 years and a Coalescence of about 2,000 years for this cluster. Finally I have narrowed down my subclade....now to see where it goes from here.
          So to all of the P312 and DF27 people with those markers values, please test for DF81 so we can advance our knowledge of this cluster and our ancient roots.
          Robert Tarín

          --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "garyf@..." wrote:

          > Congradulations Robert on your positive result for DF81. You call it!
          > We now have our second positive and this marker is currently near the root of DF27.
          >
          > Gary
          >
          > --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "realdealtarin" realdealt@ wrote:
          > >

          > > I was looking at Mike Walsh's R1bP312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet in the
          > > Yahoo Groups R1b-P312-Project and he has done a great job of sorting the
          > > various subclades (and potential candidates) under P312. Of immediate
          > > interest to me is the group that is potentially DF81+. Scanning across
          > > this group I see what looks like some very telling marker values that
          > > possibly identify DF81 individuals. Two Hispanics in this group have
          > > tested positive for DF81 so far. Mike has labeled this group as
          > > "d81-1416".
          > >

          > > Those values are DYS458=16 (92% of the group), DYS487=14 (81% of the
          > > group) and possibly with DYS449=28 (51% of the group). These values
          > > differ from the other subclades.
          > >

          > > Of this group (37 individuals), the surnames are at least 75% Hispanic
          > > with many being Basque. My own results for DF81 SNP testing are due in
          > > about two weeks and I suspect I will be positive for DF81. I would
          > > encourage those individuals who are R1b-P312 and especially in the
          > > subclade DF27 having this combination of markers to get themselves
          > > tested for DF81. It is possible that DF81 may be a cluster from Basque
          > > Country.
          > >
          > > Robert

        • Karen Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 26, 2013
            Hi Robert ,

            I hope all is well in your world including your health.  Apologies for my delay in response and my moving forward.  Work gets in the way of my genealogy work.

            I finally ordered Chris' upgrade yesterday.  I ordered the DF81 along with L21.   The L21 request is from another group and another gentle men's request.  I understand the results can take 4-6 weeks and not sure you will be able to see the results when they are posted.
            Of course, I don't know any where near what you all know and enjoy the global emails with information and banter back and forth.

            I look forward to hearing back.  Have a good weekend.
            Karen

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 1, 2013, at 3:28 AM, <realdealt@...> wrote:

            Hi Karen,

            The link to the file is from the R1b-DF27-Project in Yahoo Groups....not in the MexicoDNAProject Group. Here is a link to the file:

            https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17907527/R1b-P312xL21_Haplotypes.zip

            --- In mexicodnaproject@yahoogroups.com, <ckrodz18@...> wrote:

            Hi Robert,

            I must be looking in the wrong area for this spreadsheet.  Could you please advise where it is located?  thank you....

            Karen Romero Rodriguez

            You saw my DF81+ results before I did...LOL. I hope my results encourage those R1b folks in the project with these particular marker values I listed to get tested for DF81. At least to me, this kind of looks to be a Basque cluster. BTW, I took the haplotypes from Mike Walsh's spreadsheet that were tentatively listed as DF81 (N=37) and ran them through Ken Nordverdt's Generations 111 spreadsheet and found a TMRCA of about 4,000 years and a Coalescence of about 2,000 years for this cluster. Finally I have narrowed down my subclade....now to see where it goes from here.
            So to all of the P312 and DF27 people with those markers values, please test for DF81 so we can advance our knowledge of this cluster and our ancient roots.
            Robert Tarín

            --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "garyf@..." wrote:

            > Congradulations Robert on your positive result for DF81. You call it!
            > We now have our second positive and this marker is currently near the root of DF27.
            >
            > Gary
            >
            > --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "realdealtarin" realdealt@ wrote:
            > >

            > > I was looking at Mike Walsh's R1bP312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet in the
            > > Yahoo Groups R1b-P312-Project and he has done a great job of sorting the
            > > various subclades (and potential candidates) under P312. Of immediate
            > > interest to me is the group that is potentially DF81+. Scanning across
            > > this group I see what looks like some very telling marker values that
            > > possibly identify DF81 individuals. Two Hispanics in this group have
            > > tested positive for DF81 so far. Mike has labeled this group as
            > > "d81-1416".
            > >

            > > Those values are DYS458=16 (92% of the group), DYS487=14 (81% of the
            > > group) and possibly with DYS449=28 (51% of the group). These values
            > > differ from the other subclades.
            > >

            > > Of this group (37 individuals), the surnames are at least 75% Hispanic
            > > with many being Basque. My own results for DF81 SNP testing are due in
            > > about two weeks and I suspect I will be positive for DF81. I would
            > > encourage those individuals who are R1b-P312 and especially in the
            > > subclade DF27 having this combination of markers to get themselves
            > > tested for DF81. It is possible that DF81 may be a cluster from Basque
            > > Country.
            > >
            > > Robert

          • realdealtarin

              You saw my DF81+ results before I did...LOL. I hope my results encourage those R1b folks in the project with these particular marker values I listed to get tested for DF81. At least to me, this kind of looks to be a Basque cluster. BTW, I took the haplotypes from Mike Walsh's spreadsheet that were tentatively listed as DF81 (N=37) and ran them through Ken Nordverdt's Generations 111 spreadsheet and found a TMRCA of about 4,000 years and a Coalescence of about 2,000 years for this cluster. Finally I have narrowed down my subclade....now to see where it goes from here.
              So to all of the P312 and DF27 people with those markers values, please test for DF81 so we can advance our knowledge of this cluster and our ancient roots.
              Robert Tarín

              --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "garyf@..." wrote:

              > Congradulations Robert on your positive result for DF81. You call it!
              > We now have our second positive and this marker is currently near the root of DF27.
              >
              > Gary
              >
              > --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "realdealtarin" realdealt@ wrote:
              > >

              > > I was looking at Mike Walsh's R1bP312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet in the
              > > Yahoo Groups R1b-P312-Project and he has done a great job of sorting the
              > > various subclades (and potential candidates) under P312. Of immediate
              > > interest to me is the group that is potentially DF81+. Scanning across
              > > this group I see what looks like some very telling marker values that
              > > possibly identify DF81 individuals. Two Hispanics in this group have
              > > tested positive for DF81 so far. Mike has labeled this group as
              > > "d81-1416".
              > >

              > > Those values are DYS458=16 (92% of the group), DYS487=14 (81% of the
              > > group) and possibly with DYS449=28 (51% of the group). These values
              > > differ from the other subclades.
              > >

              > > Of this group (37 individuals), the surnames are at least 75% Hispanic
              > > with many being Basque. My own results for DF81 SNP testing are due in
              > > about two weeks and I suspect I will be positive for DF81. I would
              > > encourage those individuals who are R1b-P312 and especially in the
              > > subclade DF27 having this combination of markers to get themselves
              > > tested for DF81. It is possible that DF81 may be a cluster from Basque
              > > Country.
              > >
              > > Robert

            • realdealtarin
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 16, 2013

                Hi again Karen,

                As I am sure you've already seen the DF81+ results for Chris. This now makes 5 persons that I am aware of who are positive for DF81 and so far all with origins in Iberia and probably Basque. With this new result giving further weight to Chris and I having a probable common ancestor about 600 years ago, I would encourage you to focus your research on Chris' ancestry on what I had previously discussed with you regarding that Rodríguez-Zambrano family out of Andalucía which was a Basque lineage. In view of his DF81+ result I would also concentrate on the Rodríguez-Zambrano inidividuals in early 1500s Mexico. I had sent you some info on this a while back. While this is not a certainty for Chris' ancestral line, I think it is starting to lean in that direction.

                Best regards,

                Robert Tarín