RE: [MexicoDNAProject] Census data vs. oral family history

  • teresa martinez
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 24, 2013
      Joel;
      Thanks I will do that before the special offer expires.  Thanks for your time and help.
      Teresa

      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      From: hrjoel3@...
      Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:57:00 -0700
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Census data vs. oral family history

      Teresa:

      The mt DNA is the female lineage that male and female can explore. However, it is the degree of depth in the evaluation of the DNA.

      I had FTDNA and the Cherokee DNA Phase II do my mt DNA with different results. The FTDNA only did the superficial level. The Cherokee DNA Phase II took about 5 months to process and test note Native American off the H haplogroup by Genex Diagnostics lab in Canada. The results were evaluated by Dr. Donald N. Yates for the Cherokee DNA Phase II.

      Who did the 23&me? I would ask FTDNA at 1-713-868-1438. I do not know. Check with FTDNA and request FTDNA fully inform you as to what degree of accuracy and reliability the mt DNA will tell you other than ancient origin to connect females to each other. Since the actual DNA of these individuals will not be in the current pool as I am and if you did the Family finder you and your father would have current DNA in the DNA pool to match or not match.

      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.